12 digit payment receipt

James

Staff member
Was paying a credit card bill when I noticed how many spots it has for your payment amount. Enough for $99,999,999,999.99 :shocked: I'd hate to have that bill.

IMG_20110923_153619.jpg

:facepalm: Seriously?

I never charge more than I can pay in a month. For me, my Visa is cash. I never carry more than $100 cash in my wallet. I don't need too! It's crazy if you keep a balance on a card!

I never charge more than I can pay in a month. For me, my Visa is cash. I never carry more than $100 cash in my wallet. I don't need too! It's crazy if you keep a balance on a card!

This is the way I do it as well. I pay for eveything I can on my card, pay it off every month and never carry a balance. I pay my bills with it as well. No since in paying for stamps and checks. I also get points on my card for air miles and such. My last card I use for disney points and it payed for all of our food for the whole week we were at Disney.

James

Staff member
I also pay everything with my amex, and don't carry a balance. :thumb:

The 5% back on gas and groccery purchases and 1.25% on everything else adds up. :rocker:

thats the way i was trying to do it. I racked up a high bill paying for this semester though. my card is presently in a cup of frozen water until I have it paid down to 0.

James

Staff member
thats the way i was trying to do it. I racked up a high bill paying for this semester though. my card is presently in a cup of frozen water until I have it paid down to 0.
:thumb: Very smart.

Yeah it's very easy to go over budget though as you can get into the mentality that "hey I'll just put it on the plastic and pay it next month". :bonk:

:thumb: Very smart.

Yeah it's very easy to go over budget though as you can get into the mentality that "hey I'll just put it on the plastic and pay it next month". :bonk:

Yeah, before you start this venture, its always smart to have a little extra squish built up for overages. Once you figure out where you need to be after a few months you just train yourself on self control and know where you can and can't spend extra.

Another tip: If you have a fairly large balance on any one credit card, find one that has 0% for 6 months or whatever and transfer the balance to that card. Keep doing this everytime you get to that time limit and you can pay them off quicker.