0ver 30 and still racing?

How many of you Vets still race?

• Total voters
How many of you are over 30 and still race?

I'm 39 and wish I could race every weekend still. I missed out on racing in my 20's and early 30's.

How many of you just ride MX tracks for OP's?

At 44, I just play now. I have too much to lose if I get hurt.

I just roll the big jumps now too, does that make me a wuss? :smirk:

My dad is 47 years old. He is usually willing to try most anything but he will not jump a jump of any size. He doesn't really do any trails either, but he will ride with me out back when it's nice. Just always remember, you can't be too old to race, but you can be too uncomfortable to race. Either way just know your limits and stay within them.

Ummm...if it gets the wheels off the ground? :shocked: The tires have knobs for a reason, right? :lol:

Seriously, I'll jump tables all day long, and small doubles. Gaps over 20-25 feet, it ain't happenin' anymore...:blush:

ooffff!:shocked: 25ft:rolleyes: Its all good! have as much fun as you can cause it aint gonna last forever... As long as you are having fun, thats the important part. I'm pretty sure I'm done with the monster doubles after 45 for sure.

ooffff!:shocked: 25ft:rolleyes: Its all good! have as much fun as you can cause it aint gonna last forever... As long as you are having fun, thats the important part. I'm pretty sure I'm done with the monster doubles after 45 for sure.
Well, I used to hit 'em with no fear. But the body just don't heal like it used to, and I can't take the beating anymore. I used to ride hard all day, be a little sore the next day, and then it was all good. Now I ride like a spode for half a day and I'm sore for three or four days afterwards. I'm doing more and more trail riding now, I just don't have the big rough SX-style tracks in me anymore. That's why I like Hardrock MX, they have two natural terrain tracks that I can rip it up on as hard as I want without getting all beat up. :thumb:

Well, I used to hit 'em with no fear. But the body just don't heal like it used to, and I can't take the beating anymore. I used to ride hard all day, be a little sore the next day, and then it was all good. Now I ride like a spode for half a day and I'm sore for three or four days afterwards. I'm doing more and more trail riding now, I just don't have the big rough SX-style tracks in me anymore. That's why I like Hardrock MX, they have two natural terrain tracks that I can rip it up on as hard as I want without getting all beat up. :thumb:

I never grasped the concept of too old..... respectfully ofcourse.

I have a guy that works for me and he's only 44, a young man IMO. but he acts like he's a 144. he's also burnt out, been a carpenter for 20yrs and still doesnt grasp basic comcepts.
Everything hurts on him. He can't work more than 8hrs because he's exhausted for the rest of the week. he's gonna have some real issues in another 10 years. I have uncles that are twice his age and still run and jump and lift shit I wouldn't even try lifting.

:noncartoonpicard: did you just really waste electricity to say that? :lol:

Nope, the computer was already on and so was I. ok ,so maybe I wasted a little bit of my own energy on the typing but it won't hurt me none. I am glad you care tho.:hug: :lol:

Seriously, is there a place where I can race where I can go slow and not jump? :noidea: I can even use my boys klx110 if I have to. :smirk:

You don't quit riding when you get old. You get old when you quit riding.

OK on a more serious side, what insurance covers you racing? My current company provided health policy specifically excludes "speed contests" of any type. Therefore, no racing for me. Some insurance only excludes racing for $$$. Do you guys who race have insurance that covers injuries while racing?

Nope, the computer was already on and so was I. ok ,so maybe I wasted a little bit of my own energy on the typing but it won't hurt me none. I am glad you care tho.:hug: :lol:

Seriously, is there a place where I can race where I can go slow and not jump? :noidea: I can even use my boys klx110 if I have to. :smirk:

D class. Jackson, you could race Vet 35+ I know the old vets don't jump at all. You could also do C class, it's all begginers. You might have to do a little jumping but nothing too serious. Like 10 feet.

You don't quit riding when you get old. You get old when you quit riding.

OK on a more serious side, what insurance covers you racing? My current company provided health policy specifically excludes "speed contests" of any type. Therefore, no racing for me. Some insurance only excludes racing for $$$. Do you guys who race have insurance that covers injuries while racing?

Ya know I don't know..... I currently dont have any healthcare, but the if you are hurt during an AMA comp there is a certain amount of coverage that comes with it. Not sure how much though.