0ver 30 and still racing?

How many of you Vets still race?

• Total voters
I never grasped the concept of too old..... respectfully ofcourse.

I have a guy that works for me and he's only 44, a young man IMO. but he acts like he's a 144. he's also burnt out, been a carpenter for 20yrs and still doesnt grasp basic comcepts.
Everything hurts on him. He can't work more than 8hrs because he's exhausted for the rest of the week. he's gonna have some real issues in another 10 years. I have uncles that are twice his age and still run and jump and lift shit I wouldn't even try lifting.
It's not so much an age issue as a conditioning issue. I used to ride a lot, at least every weekend. Now if I'm lucky I get to ride once a month, so it wears me out faster and takes longer to recover.

Now the not jumping big stuff any more, I guess that's just a matter of me becoming a wuss...:smirk:

At 44, I just play now. I have too much to lose if I get hurt.

I just roll the big jumps now too, does that make me a wuss? :smirk:

Nah! I have only ever rode scrambles, enduros, and trails. We don't know air! Air is out of control and a invitation to propose to a tree at speed!

I tried some tracks, and they just seem too dangerous and, well, not as fun as a good trail or a good hare scramble!

I get air by accident, and I don't like it, given the things that will hurt me bad if I miscalculate!

Unlike SOCAL, we have these big brown things poking up out of the ground along with MOISTURE in the terrain that can Eff you up in a second!

Unlike SOCAL, we have these big brown things poking up out of the ground along with MOISTURE in the terrain that can Eff you up in a second!

Now, wait a minute, we have our share of these things you speak of poking out of the ground, but ours are sharp and camoflauged, come in all shapes and sizes, often buried that jump out of nowhere and will take you out and way over the bars. :lol: :thumb:

Love MX, tracks are fun, prefer open terrain. Almost have the nerve to race, but... things like the house and car payment keep flashing before my eyes. :lol:

Now, wait a minute, we have our share of these things you speak of poking out of the ground, but ours are sharp and camoflauge, come in all shapes and sizes, often buried that jump out of nowhere and will take you out and way over the bars. :lol: :thumb:

Yes! 2smoke knows of these things you speak of!:prof:
:lol:

Now, wait a minute, we have our share of these things you speak of poking out of the ground, but ours are sharp and camoflauged, come in all shapes and sizes, often buried that jump out of nowhere and will take you out and way over the bars. :lol: :thumb:

Love MX, tracks are fun, prefer open terrain. Almost have the nerve to race, but... things like the house and car payment keep flashing before my eyes. :lol:

MXDiva...I have to say, the things you have sticking out of your ground are NOTHING like the trees, bushes, and 7' tall weeds that grow out of the ground here! Southern Ohio is one of the top growing places for weed! That's how I got my property! The dude I bought it from got busted for growing weed! He had to sell it before he got convicted! I don't smoke weed, not my thing!

But the land is fabulous for riding and hunting! That's what I do! :banana:

Naturaledge....great fishing too! How cool is it to bring back a stringer of 30 Jumbo's, make a fire, and drink a few brews cleaning them for a fabulous meal???

James

Staff member
OK on a more serious side, what insurance covers you racing? My current company provided health policy specifically excludes "speed contests" of any type. Therefore, no racing for me. Some insurance only excludes racing for $$$. Do you guys who race have insurance that covers injuries while racing?
That was one of the first things I asked and they said that they'd cover me no matter what, even if I'd be a pro racing for money. You know I haven't spoken with my insurer in a couple years, I just hand who ever my card and the bills are paid, kind of nice and I don't want it changed (NObamaCare). :noidea: Heck on my last :cripple: I got a letter/bill from my health insurance company telling me that the medic service (ambulance) wasn't "in network", so I'd have to pay them myself. I was like :foul: until I looked at the next page and saw a check for the full amount made out to me. :shocked: :thumb:
D class. Jackson, you could race Vet 35+ I know the old vets don't jump at all. You could also do C class, it's all begginers. You might have to do a little jumping but nothing too serious. Like 10 feet.
Around here C Class can only do doubles, no triples.

That was one of the first things I asked and they said that they'd cover me no matter what, even if I'd be a pro racing for money. You know I haven't spoken with my insurer in a couple years, I just hand who ever my card and the bills are paid, kind of nice and I don't want it changed (NObamaCare). :noidea: Heck on my last :cripple: I got a letter/bill from my health insurance company telling me that the medic service (ambulance) wasn't "in network", so I'd have to pay them myself. I was like :foul: until I looked at the next page and saw a check for the full amount made out to me. :shocked: :thumb:

Around here C Class can only do doubles, no triples.

Really? Do you get DQed if you do? I know that C is allowed to race as hard as they can but if your determined too good for the class you have to go up a class. C is pretty easy, great to begin, and your not pressured to do anything.