250F 08 KX250F "Make Ready"

James

Staff member
Kyle can have his "Starting issues" and Darren his "Rebuild" thread.......:smirk:

Yesterday afternoon I starting seeing what all I can take off my 05 and put on the 08; so far the levers, engine plugs, and seat made it over. Still want to exchange the water pump and axle blocks. The exhaust won't be going over until after I start riding it, if even then. :noidea:

Got bored this afternoon, well more like this bike put a spell over me to start working on it.......ended up giving it a bath. :thumb:

A series of before and afters......

1.jpg

1_2.jpg

1_3.jpg

2.jpg

2_2.jpg

3.jpg

3_2.jpg

4.jpg

4_2.jpg

5.jpg

5_2.jpg

6.jpg

6_2.jpg

7.jpg

7_2.jpg

Next step will be actually tearing it down and going over everything, plus giving it a real cleaning.

Some of the things I already know it needs:
  • Suspension revalve/rebuild
  • Misc bolts
  • Hour meter
  • Chain and sprocket setup
  • Left case guard
  • Air filters

I'd think about breaking down your rear suspension, and steering stem. After all that pressure washing, if the bearings where okay to begin with, I'd imagine there's water in there now, and a little grease would go a long way.:noidea:

James

Staff member
I'd think about breaking down your rear suspension, and steering stem. After all that pressure washing, if the bearings where okay to begin with, I'd imagine there's water in there now, and a little grease would go a long way.:noidea:
Already on the list. :thumb:

The steering stem is a little to loose for my liking, so I'll take it out and re-grease it before tightening it down. Also since the suspension is coming off, I'll take the linkage apart while it's sent.

:thumb: Looks like it had some good chain slap by the grinding on the inside of the frame...So when do I expect the 05 to show up at my house in a crate for your west coast visits?:smirk:

James

Staff member
:thumb: Looks like it had some good chain slap by the grinding on the inside of the frame...
:thumb: I'd noticed that. Those chain rollers also look chewed up, not sure if they're supposed to be like that. :noidea:
So when do I expect the 05 to show up at my house in a crate for your west coast visits?:smirk:
Me selling the 05 here and then buying a bike out there would make more sense, thanks to shipping costs. :bonk: