250F 05 CRF250R Milky Oil

Yesterday it rained, so I took advantage of the primo riding conditions and went for a ride, there were lots of puddles, thinking nothing of it since I've ran in the rain before without issue. today I unloaded my bike, noticing it was a bit hard to start, rolled it into the shop, discovered milky oil, popped the radiator cap, coolant level is fine, flushed it, put a new oil filter in it and filled it. now my concern is, would there be anyway the water could have worked its way into the engine? (the engine side, not the tranny, it was fine) breather tube of some sort? or should I be looking for an actual engine problem?

James

Staff member
I drained both the engine and transmission, the engine was milky the transmission wasn't.
Hmm, only time I've ever seen milky oil is when I overfilled it and it was coming out of the overflow.

You have a coolant leak?

Hmm, only time I've ever seen milky oil is when I overfilled it and it was coming out of the overflow.

You have a coolant leak?
no, the radiators are full.
when you over filled the engine? your bike doesn't have a separate transmission does it?

yea i've had a waterpump leak up until this winter. It would never make a noticeable difference in the fluid level but it would make the oil terrible. If it did make a noticeable difference your motor would probably be gone by now