100 04' KX100 Rebuild

man those 100's are neat little bikes.we had a 07.wish I didn't get rid of it.keep up the good work.

I will this isn't one of my most interesting or 'exotic' rebuilds though since i'm tight on money and can't find a job because i'm a 'kid' :cry: But I plan on keeping the bike pretty stock except for some fork springs and maybe an aftermarket shifter since the one I have doesn't sit on the spline at a very good angle... :thumb:

Well i've got a FMF system, bike already had Reeds, sprockets aren't wore out... i'm asking about general mods to the bike, should I just get heavier springs? And what about a procircuit governor spring, do those work well? :thumb:

Well hopefully atleast a couple people are still following the thread... I think i'm just gonna keep the bike stock since i'm OBVIOUSLY too big for it at 160# lol. And I sold my iphone the other day for some $ so I can finish my other beauty up...

SRAD97750

Staff member
You can put heavier springs in a 100 and it'll handle 300 lbs. My for my pitbike I found springs for 260# rider and added about 1cm extra fluid to each fork to prevent bottoming. Haven't had an issue with pushing from the front since. Great mod and usually cheap on ebay! -BIG DAN:thumb:

Bike fired up on third kick, and I didn't have the right carburetor on it hahah :smirk:, I sure did a good job on guessing on what jetting settings to use. I used an older kx80 carburetor that was 26mm. Well tommorow I'm gonna go break it in, so :banana:

So is it broken in yet?

Was this the bike you found in a creek or was that bobkyle?

First post james... :smirk:

"I found an 04' KX100 in my creek, the motor wasn't locked up so I decided to fix it. I got the motor to run for a little bit after I bought an older carburetor from a 1990's KX100. Since the motor had low compression I decided to ATLEAST buy some OEM rings and piston for the bike, but once I took off the cylinder I immediately saw abnormal wear on the cylinder wall above the exhaust port. The chasis is in overall good shape besides a bent muffler and broke plastics on the right side of the bike due to being thrown off a bridge and into my creek :smirk: "

The bike looks great now!

I'll show a final pic, i'm just waiting for some pre-printed number plates I ordered and i'm fiddling with the timing so I can keep the FMF SST since the pipe makes the bike ping and run HOT... But i've almost got it dialed in :thumb:

I'll show a final pic, i'm just waiting for some pre-printed number plates I ordered and i'm fiddling with the timing so I can keep the FMF SST since the pipe makes the bike ping and run HOT... But i've almost got it dialed in :thumb:

you have to time a 2t?...fill me in!

you have to time a 2t?...fill me in!

The bike is pinging because the SST pipe is causing to much 'back pressure' on the piston. So by retarding the timing it will synchronize the exhaust waves with the piston. If the exhaust waves are synchronized with the piston the bike will not 'ping' or AKA fire before the piston is at TDC. I'm not bothered with about retarding the timing anyways because it will give the bike a smoother powerband and more top-end like what the KX85 has. :prof:

Here's a good link to helping other people understand the basics of two-strokes and how easily they can be tuned... Once you become good at tuning two-stroke engines you can basically alter the powerband however you want with almost no mods... It really is that simple.... http://www.blasterforum.com/do-your...-know-about-aftermarket-parts-parts-2-a-1935/ :thumb: :prof:

The bike is pinging because the SST pipe is causing to much 'back pressure' on the piston. So by retarding the timing it will synchronize the exhaust waves with the piston. If the exhaust waves are synchronized with the piston the bike will not 'ping' or AKA fire before the piston is at TDC. I'm not bothered with about retarding the timing anyways because it will give the bike a smoother powerband and more top-end like what the KX85 has. :prof:

Here's a good link to helping other people understand the basics of two-strokes and how easily they can be tuned... Once you become good at tuning two-stroke engines you can basically alter the powerband however you want with almost no mods... It really is that simple.... http://www.blasterforum.com/do-your...-know-about-aftermarket-parts-parts-2-a-1935/ :thumb: :prof:

Well I will be reading up on this! Thanks for the info:thumb:

Roost for you:thumb::thumb: