Other 01ish Starting issues... xr650r.

It was a simple dumb issue, I'm thankful. The choke lever was hanging up. When the bike warmed up, it was running overly rich, causing it to lose power and Die, Woot Woot... Did 50 mile of dirt today.

WOW talk about dumb luck....
The way it was described, and the way it acted I would have bet 1 millioin dollars and a date with Rack's wife that it was an electrical issue...
Nice job :thumb:

WOW talk about dumb luck....
The way it was described, and the way it acted I would have bet 1 millioin dollars and a date with Rack's wife that it was an electrical issue...
Nice job :thumb:

Good thing you didn't bet. You would have lost out several times.

Got a question that I think I know the answer to....

So, the bike was flooding itself. Would overlow when kickstand was slighly less than even, sometimes just on the kickstand the last few rides. I guessed it might be sticking or something. I went in, put in a new needle and needle jet i was meaning to install, and then cleaned everything up well. Well, she still overflows if it leans over much farther than the stand. Is this normal, or did the float level somehow get high?

SRAD97750

Staff member
The issue must be based on the float needle and seat circuit.
Could be 3 things.
1. Float out of adjustment.
-Adjust float lower
2. Float is punctured/cracked and is filling with fuel, which keeps it from seating.
-See if it is full of fuel, or submerge it and look for bubbles
3. Seat or needle are scored/worn
-Replace...
-BIG DAN:thumb:

The issue must be based on the float needle and seat circuit.
Could be 3 things.
1. Float out of adjustment.
-Adjust float lower
2. Float is punctured/cracked and is filling with fuel, which keeps it from seating.
-See if it is full of fuel, or submerge it and look for bubbles
3. Seat or needle are scored/worn
-Replace...
-BIG DAN:thumb:

The needle and seat were in great condition, as was the float, even tested it in a bucket of water. I set the float to shutoff a little sooner and I think it did the trick.

I broke my dang turn signal again though....
might grab these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZR-YZF-600-600R-R6-R1-LED-FLUSH-REAR-SIGNALS-/281075473003

I pulled apart the petcock, and what do ya know, its rotting away, with bits of rubber falling out. Oem petcocks are $50, and the seal isnt sold seperatly, so I need to get a clarke petcock and fab up a fuel filter of sorts.

de1422ed2da579dd6d747f7a8500dc2c.jpg
16955-268-020.jpg