007 to Shuteye via the Waterfall 07-31-10

We planned to get an early start but stayed on DBA too long last night :bonk: and didn't get out of the house til 9AM :foul:

Here is Yama_dawgg at the staging area and riding up the trail. It was just my oldest son and me today so we had some good father son bonding time :thumb:

We took our time and worked on navigating the rock sections at slow speeds to try and improve our balance, throttle and clutch control in the hard sections.

DSCN3274.jpg

I took several pics of him and the dusty conditions

DSCN3275.jpg

DSCN3276.jpg

DSCN3277.jpg

DSCN3278.jpg

DSCN3279.jpg

DSCN3280.jpg

DSCN3281.jpg

DSCN3282.jpg

We are headed for the dreaded WATERFALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stand by more to come

Here is a pic of the trail into the water where Mike In Fresno went down. Notice the large rock on the left. If you go through the Ectraction RR you will see a pic where Mike had his foot on this rock.

DSCN3283.jpg

The water level and current has dropped off and it is now crossable. :thumb: Here come Yama_dawgg.

DSCN3284.jpg

Here are several pics of the area where we had our incident when the waters were raging

DSCN3285.jpg

DSCN3286.jpg

DSCN3288.jpg

DSCN3289.jpg

DSCN3290.jpg

DSCN3291.jpg

DSCN3292.jpg

It is much calmer now. There are fish in the pond at the bottom of the falls. We looked for Mikes goggles and my sunglasses, but no luck :smirk:

DSCN3294.jpg

stand by more to come

This is at the turn to head for Shuteye Peak

DSCN3295.jpg

DSCN3296.jpg

And yes we made it to the lookout tower. We were surprsied that all of the snow had melted and that we did not see any in the shadowy (sp) areas.

Lunch time at the tower the elevation is about 8400'

DSCN3297.jpg

DSCN3298.jpg

DSCN3300.jpg

After a quick bit to eat we headed out to Gaggs

DSCN3301.jpg

DSCN3302.jpg

On the way back to the truck we stopped at this memorial.

DSCN3303.jpg

DSCN3304.jpg

I was told that this guy was mountian biking and had a heart attack and passed away at the young age of 46.

And here are our dusty bikes at the end of the day :thumb:

DSCN3306.jpg

DSCN3307.jpg

We headed out to meet my wife and other son at The Forks for a Forks Burger. Here is a pic of the truck parked at The Forks with Bass Lake in the background.

c5522fdd.jpg

Here is the same water crossing on 06-05-2010 just to give you an idea of how much the water level has dropped.

DSCN2667.jpg

DSCN2709.jpg

DSCN2717.jpg

DSCN2849.jpg

Good ride report! :thumb:

I gotta :lol: at the "dusty bikes" comment! I wish my bike was just "dusty" after a ride! :lol: Too funny! You use a swiffer to clean them after a ride? :smirk:

Good ride report! :thumb:

I gotta :lol: at the "dusty bikes" comment! I wish my bike was just "dusty" after a ride! :lol: Too funny! You use a swiffer to clean them after a ride? :smirk:

Tampax Maxi Pads according to CDA work the best. So I think we are going to give that a try to clean the bikes up. :lol:

Very nice! I need to get up that way and ride. Your pics look inviting:thumb:
Priceless quality time with your son! Thanks for sharing!

Got meet up one of these days!

Very nice! I need to get up that way and ride. Your pics look inviting:thumb:
Priceless quality time with your son! Thanks for sharing!

If you would like to ride this area wait til this fall and our first rain. :thumb: However, if you don't mind the dust come on up and ride!