What did you do to your car/truck today?

Ford built they're latest power stroke as their own, international has nothing to do with building that for ford anymore....but the new 6.7 power Stroke? What a turd. It has many problems many of which ford has said its up to you to deal with in regards to additives for 6 different fluids, and Pcm updates that include but are not limited to modifying the glow plug activity as to not over heat the exhaust valve on a cold engine causing cracks and valve failure, maybe catastrophic engine failure if that puppy drops into the engine, also egr filter clogging and not allowing for proper cooling of the combustion chamber and in some cases melting the piston....and so on and so on, and by the way, ford will likely step away from any warranty on these items because you didn't perform the necessary Pam reflash or you allowed the egr filter to clog. It sure as hell wasn't fords fault.

:facepalm: UGH!!! Ford!!! in an effort to appease the soccer mom and the dads with small peckers they have forgone their legacy and opted for style.... I don't need heated seats for my work clothes and I don't need stylish leather trim with a compass and douche napkins... There was a time when you needed to get a job done and needed the most reliable truck on the planet you bought a Ford. HAnds down the best truck ever built. Now a days the use of cheap steel and gimmicks has brought the quality to a halt while over inflating prices to accommodate egos..... I love my Ford truck but I'm disappointed in the body rot... and now I hear the 6.7 dicksmack...ouch!

Ford owns Cummins..... why not just do a like for like motor???
you motor heads more than likely know the story.
@bobkyle2 @Nighthawk016 @aakmetz @DoctorDK

had to replace a fuse the other day. every time i turned the key on the wait to start would come on for a 1/2 a second then go out. I found a dead short in the fuel heater under the fuel filter. Cut that puppy off and no more short. The heater wire was touching the bottom of the fuel filter. I only knew to look for it because my old 97 did the same thing on me. Keep a pack of fuses on you all the times boys, right GP? :smirk:

Fords diesel now a days are junk. I am talking about the ones that need piss to keep them clean. 2016 they might be back on their feet again. Toyota and Nissan (wished they stayed Datsun) will be in the running as they will have the cheaper cummer in it.

Still like the 06 Chevy body style.

Ford DOESN'T own cummins. Ford and Dodge pitched in (bought stock) to get Cummins out of a tight spot and when it was done Ford sold their shares.

Oh really? ford screwed the pooch on that one...... International used to make a solid motor.... A really good solid motor.... phuchtards

Oh really? ford screwed the pooch on that one...... International used to make a solid motor.... A really good solid motor.... phuchtards
Ford had an agreement with International, they got their money plus out of Cummins and bid it farewell.

Back in 99 my dad discovered the International business class trucks and for years and years they were good to us. We bought the first year of 4350 (03) and it has had 3 in frames in 300k, one transmission, and its currently sitting needing a 4th rebuild (international rebuilt it 25k ago and it munched the oil pump) and internationals customer service has told us to go screw our selves.

I give it a lot of crap, and I hate freightliner, but our little FL60 with the Cummins is at 600k and still being its 74 mph top speed self. I would really like to be free of International by the end of the year :picard: and replace them with Ford/Freightliner cummins powered trucks

Oh yeah, I wouldn't get too excited over the newer cummins either (post 08) where they have the DEF and regen systems, we tow alot of them for regen failures.

Last edited:
oh, and after my neighbors ordeal with his duramax GM can go pound sand too.

7 turbochargers and 1 complete engine melt down in less than 50k, GM wouldn't warranty the motor because it was used for "towing"

So the new ford diesels are junk? How about the other brands, dodge and GM?
Where do they stack up from your perspective? I'm currently driving an 07 2500 hd classic.

I don't work on diesels where I'm at now, however I heard some horror story's from a friend of mine about the ford, like I said before, the main thing is ford is not honoring many of the legitimate warranty claims that should be covered, in my opinion no one should buy anything new from ford for that reason. The chevy Duramax seems to be a good motor as far as I can tell, I have done almost nothing repair wise to any of those engines since they came out years ago, I've. Heard rumors about head gasket and injector problems, but have never actually seen this. But if I was to buy a diesle I would go with one of the older 5.9 cummins motors, I worked on those quite a bit when I was at. The dealership, they were a very good motor with a simple fuel system, which I can't really say about the other two, the newer cummins have a lot more in the way of emmisions devices on them now, which kinda turns me off, as it just means more maintenance and unnecessary bullshit that I would have to deal with. I havnt heard any problems with gm or dodge. On their diesle warranty claims. They seem to be standing behind their product.so simply because I'm more familiar with Cummings, I'd probably go that way but I don't see where you could go wrong with the Duramax.

oh, and after my neighbors ordeal with his duramax GM can go pound sand too.

7 turbochargers and 1 complete engine melt down in less than 50k, GM wouldn't warranty the motor because it was used for "towing"

Was that an isolated incident, or is gm going cheap on their warranty issues? I've not heard any widespread problems in that regard, I mean there is always the few incidents here and there. So what the hell did they expect your neighbor to do with his diesle? Haul groceries or deliver pizzas? Those motors are made to tow, I fact if you don't run them hard they tend to develop problems with soot and carbon buildup, No doubt he's dealing with a shitty dealership.

Was that an isolated incident, or is gm going cheap on their warranty issues? I've not heard any widespread problems in that regard, I mean there is always the few incidents here and there. So what the hell did they expect your neighbor to do with his diesle? Haul groceries or deliver pizzas? Those motors are made to tow, I fact if you don't run them hard they tend to develop problems with soot and carbon buildup, No doubt he's dealing with a shitty dealership.
I can't speak for other dealerships, but I do know he went to GM after he realized he suddenly had something he was making payments on that was useless without putting about 8k into the motor and they sided with the dealership, I just took a 3/4 ton van (uhaul) with 37k in for a water pump and they tried to tell us it wasn't under warranty, ultimately they did replace it, but none the less, someone who doesn't know anything about trucks would probably just say ok. But yes, IMO they are a shitty dealership, I don't like working with them in any reagards (parts, service etc.)
Maybe they figured since most people just buy a diesel for their ego that was all it was going to be used for? :wink:

not fair to base it off of 2 individual trucks, but my dads hoorrid 6.0 has out ran, out worked and outlived the dmax, and on one day Ford even stood for found out rescuing duramaxes

Last edited:
I can't speak for other dealerships, but I do know he went to GM after he realized he suddenly had something he was making payments on that was useless without putting about 8k into the motor and they sided with the dealership, I just took a 3/4 ton van (uhaul) with 37k in for a water pump and they tried to tell us it wasn't under warranty, ultimately they did replace it, but none the less, someone who doesn't know anything about trucks would probably just say ok. But yes, IMO they are a shitty dealership, I don't like working with them in any reagards (parts, service etc.)
Maybe they figured since most people just buy a diesel for their ego that was all it was going to be used for? :wink:

not fair to base it off of 2 individual trucks, but my dads hoorrid 6.0 has out ran, out worked and outlived the dmax, and on one day Ford even stood for found out rescuing duramaxes

Love my 6.0!! :clap:

We have two gm dealerships In anchorage, one has been here for over 40 years or so and they basically do whatever they want and have gotten away with it for decades, customers of ours that have used them in the past have some pretty gnarly story's to tell. The other dealership is Probably better service wise, and when I'm looking for parts, I only deal with them, mostly cause I know most of their parts guys know their stuff. But it is unfortunate that one bad dealership, and usually it's the service manager that's responsible for that, can poison the reputation of Others dealers that are concerned with customer satisfaction. But that's the nature of the business, good news is the independent shops like where I'm at, prosper when that kind of crap happens.

We have two gm dealerships In anchorage, one has been here for over 40 years or so and they basically do whatever they want and have gotten away with it for decades, customers of ours that have used them in the past have some pretty gnarly story's to tell. The other dealership is Probably better service wise, and when I'm looking for parts, I only deal with them, mostly cause I know most of their parts guys know their stuff. But it is unfortunate that one bad dealership, and usually it's the service manager that's responsible for that, can poison the reputation of Others dealers that are concerned with customer satisfaction. But that's the nature of the business, good news is the independent shops like where I'm at, prosper when that kind of crap happens.

You have a big shop? 5-6 bays? Just curious.

That might be part of it, I know they've been here for over 100 years....

You have a big shop? 5-6 bays? Just curious.

4 stalls, 3 mechanics, trying to find one more. But it's very hard to find anyone worth keeping now days.actually one of the guys is an apprentice. Me and the other senior mechanic are responsible for training the apprentice. Im not the owner, but I probably make more money than he does plus he's been updating the business since he bought the business a couple years back.I'll never work for a dealer again, did it once for 6 months and went back to what I'm comfortable with, which is not ripping off customers. One thing I like where I'm at now is im also my own service writer, so I pretty much am in control of the jobs I work on from the time they drop the car off till they come into pay, no more depending on a lazy service writer to keep me busy.