What did you do to your car/truck today?

So long story short, F150 has had a misfire for a while, I drove it to Albuquerque, got off the freeway and there was a knocking sound and it was vibrating and barely moving, pulled into a gas station and its pumping mixed oil and water out the dipstick hole Limped it to the awards banquet, had a friend take my bike to his house, limped the f150 to U-haul's shop for me to pick up later.

Our big wrecker was in Albuquerque today, he was definitely overloaded :smirk:
View attachment 24942

Time to look into rebuilding a 302

Bummer.....hope the block s ok.

without tearing it down I'm kinda confused by the symptoms
Water in the oil? Check
Water missing from the radiator? Not noticeable
Engine Knock? Only at idle
Engine overheat? Nope
Anything dripping? Nope

Think your on wrong thread.....however, check pcv for proper operation, this may be what's causing pressure in the crankcase, could be head gasket or timing cover leaking just enough to contaminate the oil but not enough to notice missing from cooling system, and the knock may only be a lifter as your oil has been water contaminated. This would be a best case scenario for you. But like you said, probably need to tear down and in spect.

Think your on wrong thread.....however, check pcv for proper operation, this may be what's causing pressure in the crankcase, could be head gasket or timing cover leaking just enough to contaminate the oil but not enough to notice missing from cooling system, and the knock may only be a lifter as your oil has been water contaminated. This would be a best case scenario for you. But like you said, probably need to tear down and in spect.
damn miller lite....... I totally am, I had 2 tabs open and posted in the wrong one :picard:
but at any rate, it probably needs a rebuild anyway, I've put several motorcraft pcv valves in it and it still has bad enough blow by to saturate a new air filter in about 1500 miles.
Besides that I still have my amigo and its reliable enough to run around while I build a new F150 engine :hyper:

Last edited:
damn miller lite....... I totally am, I had 2 tabs open and posted in the wrong one :picard:
but at any rate, it probably needs a rebuild anyway, I've put several motorcraft pcv valves in it and it still has bad enough blow by to saturate a new air filter in about 1500 miles.
Besides that I still have my amigo and its reliable enough to run around while I build a new F150 engine :hyper:

Tons of wrecked mustangs and crown Vic's with 302's in them

Good ol Nissan engineering.. Have to rip off half the engine to change a lifter... Doing the water pump, belts, plugs, thermostat, oil, antifreeze while in there IMG_20150131_145614.jpg
20150131_181111.jpg

Snapchat-286033709201737564.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150131_145614.jpg
    IMG_20150131_145614.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: