What did you do to your car/truck today?

Got around to messing with the idle issue, maybe steve or someone can help me out here.

Truck idles at 1100 rpm when not moving, if your rolling in neutral or with the clutch in coming up to a red light it stays at 2k.

My vac gauge showed 16lbs (I like to see 18, but the truck has high miles and I assume this could just be normal wear?) and i have checked all vacuum connections visually, have not took propane to it yet though.

Checked throttle butterflys and the linkage. Linkage hits the non-adjustable stop and butterflys appear to be where they need to be

Unplugged iac while running, no difference. Took Iac out to clean and inspect. It was already pretty clean and everything seemed to function the way it should. Re-installed and no change. I also notice it adjusts according if i put a large load on the alternator or turn on the A/c, this makes me believe it is not the iac.

The TPS has me a little puzzled. the old one already read on a range of 15-75%, i replaced this thinking it was bad as all the other vehicles i've driven are a 0-100%, however the new one read the exact same as the old and i have read that this is normal for Chrysler vehicles. Removed TPS and turned manually with the reader hooked up, and got full 0-99 range. :noidea:

Re-installed and now its idleing at 1500, i assume maybe the pcm needs to relearn the tps again.

Also should mention p1294 and p1391 popped up today, one is related to idle but this has been going on for weeks and it only popped up after i started messing with it.

I have not, i did have it out though and looked clean. Also forgot to mention this started after i had all this stuff apart and installed that new Throttle Body

no maf on this one. it uses map instead, on the tps back probe the tps with a volt meter on the signal wire( i thing the middle one?), it should be between maybe .5 to 1.2 volts, but it should never waver, not even .1 volts when at idle, these sensors are notorius for going bad, wiggle the connector there while watching the voltage if it changes, change the sensor, now on to the iac, if its unplugged and you still have a high idle, it may mean that the iac itself is always alowing air to bypass the throttle blade, or there is a vacuum leak somewhere, i would pull the iac and see if it looks like its retracted at all, just some things to go on for now. by the way. on your scan tool, can you view scan data? if so what are the iac counts when this is occuring?

Started on the 93, redid the battery terminals really pretty and decided I wanted to hear it run before I dropped the transmission for a clutch/slave cylinder.
Well it won't even do that, fuel pumps aren't coming on, fuse and relay are working, the inertia swtich, if it has one, isn't where I thought ford put them (right hand kick pannel) and someone mentioned there is a solenoid that opens power to each fuel pump, can't find it either. Meanwhile at the Ford factory.......
93 F150 4.9 dual tanks

Ford Is quickly changing my attitude towards their products and their support regarding Waranties. Simply put...... theyre fucking up

Been doing some reading. Not such a bad motor. Hearing issues with fuel pumps giving up the ghost because of the water separator. Then I hear of ford declining warranties because of the motor being chipped and stuff.

Started on the 93, redid the battery terminals really pretty and decided I wanted to hear it run before I dropped the transmission for a clutch/slave cylinder.
Well it won't even do that, fuel pumps aren't coming on,
fuse and relay are working, the inertia swtich, if it has one,
isn't where I thought ford put them (right hand kick pannel)
and someone mentioned there is a solenoid that opens
power to each fuel pump, can't find it either. Meanwhile at
the Ford factory.......

93 F150 4.9 dual tanks

if my diagram is correct, red wire coming out of fuel tank select switch is power for front pump, brown/white power for rear tank, red and yellow wire is power from inertia switch to select switch, if relay is working, you should be able to trouble shoot from this connector at the tank select switch.

Been doing some reading. Not such a bad motor. Hearing issues with fuel pumps giving up the ghost because of the water separator. Then I hear of ford declining warranties because of the motor being chipped and stuff.

I'm hearing melted pistons and exhaust valves cracking and falling apart, don't work much on diesels myself, but have heard from others I know in the field. Maybe isolated incidents? But what I'm hearing is pretty shitty.