What did you do to your car/truck today?

coolant for sure, probably air too as the truck has a high idle from it. I was so cautious about the rtv in the corners too as i
was paranoid about this
happening

I hear that......you didn't use the rubber end gaskets did you? I throw those away and use "the right stuff" by permatex. I've found that the end gaskets can interfere with the mating surfaces, especially if the heads have ever been decked.

I hear that......you didn't use the rubber end gaskets did you? I throw those away and use "the right stuff" by permatex. I've found that the end gaskets can interfere with the mating surfaces, especially if the heads have ever been decked.
I did use the hard rubber ones on the front and back of the block. Only put permatex in the corners. i noticed that it was all permatex when i pulled it off. Guess someone who put it together knew something i didn't

Ford built they're latest power stroke as their own, international has nothing to do with building that for ford anymore....but the new 6.7 power Stroke? What a turd. It has many problems many of which ford has said its up to you to deal with in regards to additives for 6 different fluids, and Pcm updates that include but are not limited to modifying the glow plug activity as to not over heat the exhaust valve on a cold engine causing cracks and valve failure, maybe catastrophic engine failure if that puppy drops into the engine, also egr filter clogging and not allowing for proper cooling of the combustion chamber and in some cases melting the piston....and so on and so on, and by the way, ford will likely step away from any warranty on these items because you didn't perform the necessary Pcm reflash or you allowed the egr filter to clog. It sure as hell wasn't fords fault.

Last edited:
Ford built they're latest power stroke as their own, international has nothing to do with building that for ford anymore....but the new 6.7 power Stroke? What a turd. It has many problems many of which ford has said its up to you to deal with in regards to additives for 6 different fluids, and Pcm updates that include but are not limited to modifying the glow plug activity as to not over heat the exhaust valve on a cold engine causing cracks and valve failure, maybe catastrophic engine failure if that puppy drops into the engine, also egr filter clogging and not allowing for proper cooling of the combustion chamber and in some cases melting the piston....and so on and so on, and by the way, ford will likely step away from any warranty on these items because you didn't perform the necessary Pam reflash or you allowed the egr filter to clog. It sure as hell wasn't fords fault.

So the new ford diesels are junk? How about the other brands, dodge and GM?
Where do they stack up from your perspective? I'm currently driving an 07 2500 hd classic.