What did you do to your car/truck today?

A buddy of mine saw a brand new rebuild runaway, he grabbed a blanket laying on the fender and stuffed it in the intake, they had to tear the top end apart to remove the shredded blanket, but it saved a blown motor, and loss of a core.
I wouldn't suggest putting your hand in there....

my favorite part was the fear in his eyes as he abandoned ship

Yeah.......I could see that in my mind in the very near future as he said don't stop, but yeah, I cant believe it didn't grenade on them before it got shut down....and that kid tried to shut her down with what......a wash cloth? Shit , that's just a snack for that motor.

its a 7.3 PSD
Yes I already miss the price of repairs for gas trucks.

This ones a 94 with 300k, 7.3 PSD, 5 speed 2wd, CCLB single rear.
Supposedly only needs an injector or too but theres other components in the system, like the HPOP, that are known to fail. Could get really expensive in a heart beat. Cummins swap :smirk:
C13571Emblem.gif

Oh yeah, 89ish F150 isn't going anywhere if I can avoid it.

I have an injector place somewhere that I deal with out I Minnesota. I've found there's to be better than the ford remans and a third the price.

I have an injector place somewhere that I deal with out I Minnesota. I've found there's to be better than the ford remans and a third the price.

In many cases the aftermarket is becoming as good or better than OE, but there are some parts for some makes, I will never trust anything else than OEM. But surprisingly enough, in more and more instances, the dealers parts prices are becoming very competitive or even lower than aftermarket. But I know what you mean, when I find somebody I trust, I don't want to switch to anyone else. There is a machine shop here I trust implicitly, our shop, Tried to switch to a buddy of my employer who were opening up a new machine shop, but that was a mistake, they screwed the pooch and wouldn't back up they're work, I had to fix they're screw ups.now we're back with tried and true.

Got the text, I'll check it out. Thanks :thumb:

In many cases the aftermarket is becoming as good or better than OE, but there are some parts for some makes, I will never trust anything else than OEM. But surprisingly enough, in more and more instances, the dealers parts prices are becoming very competitive or even lower than aftermarket. But I know what you mean, when I find somebody I trust, I don't want to switch to anyone else. There is a machine shop here I trust implicitly, our shop, Tried to switch to a buddy of my employer who were opening up a new machine shop, but that was a mistake, they screwed the pooch and wouldn't back up they're work, I had to fix they're screw ups.now we're back with tried and true.
I'm a big fan of oem parts. In this case I'm curious as to the difference between Ford and International prices since International built the engine.
Or in the case of diesel (anything mechanical really), there's a lot of guys that know a lot that don't cut the corners to keep production costs down like Ford and International did, you just have to find them.

Got the text, I'll check it out. Thanks :thumb:

I'm a big fan of oem parts. In this case I'm curious as to the difference between Ford and International prices since International built the engine.
Or in the case of diesel (anything mechanical really), there's a lot of guys that know a lot that don't cut the corners to keep production costs down like Ford and International did, you just have to find them.[/QUOTE

As far as ford goes, they told us on an 08 expedition, that the part we needed to repair our customers car was obsolete, and they didn't go back that far on a lot of stuff anymore.....so what you buy a 50,000$ car and 5 or 6 years later, or after the factory warranty expires, you can't get parts for some of the repairs you might need? This is part of the reason why Americans are buying more and more of the foreign shit.

Last edited:
aren't they mandated to produce parts for at least 10 years after production?

Could be, but to be fair. This was part of the entertainment system....or in other words, the back seat baby sitter. im sure as far as emmisions and safety related repairs they will support that for 10 years or more, but they seem to pick and choose what they support in other areas of the vehicle. I'll bet the jap manufactures don't tell their customers that.

Could be, but to be fair. This was part of the entertainment system....or in other words, the back seat baby sitter. im sure as far as emmisions and safety related repairs they will support that for 10 years or more, but they seem to pick and choose what they support in other areas of the vehicle. I'll bet the jap manufactures don't tell their customers that.
well, if you want you can go find a 4.77 3rd member for an Isuzu 12 bolt.......

well, if you want you can go find a 4.77 3rd member for an Isuzu 12 bolt.......

Yeah yeah yeah..........well if I want strawberry and they're all out, why would I want chocolate? And I could probably get your rear axle from the junk yard, but Isuzu has left the state since I think October of 13.

Yeah yeah yeah..........well if I want strawberry and they're all out, why would I want chocolate? And I could probably get your rear axle from the junk yard, but Isuzu has left the state since I think October of 13.
12 bolt 3rd's are easy to find, but the last time I saw one with 4.77's sasquatch had it as he rode away on the lochness monster.