What did you do to your car/truck today?

there you go, just focus on the potential you have for improvement. moving up to the harder to win classes makes it a new race. it isnt exactly like you ever actually go faster, but more like you have to go what seemed like your fastest all the time, or someone else is.

there you go, just focus on the potential you have for improvement. moving up to the harder to win classes makes it a new race. it isnt exactly like you ever actually go faster, but more like you have to go what seemed like your fastest all the time, or someone else is.
when you've been racing for a few years, you don't get rattled or concerned as easy about things like not quite being fast enough to bring home top spots in the new class, it was the same way when I got bumped to amatuer

true that. you find yourself thinking as you clear a section how you could have done it with more throttle or less wasted movement and then link all those together, as opposed to the novice /amateur days where fast on one section and not so much on the next etc got you by. you find out what the faster guys were referring to when they said 'consistent'. I learned it meant on it all the time and this thing that Gary Bailey said "you should be on the throttle or the brake or figuring out how to be".

fuel mileage is within 3 mpg of the 6.0, and the $3800 I saved by not having to replace an egr cooler, oil cooler and hpop will buy a lot of fuel :P

I've never had to replace any of those things. Question is how much did you make and how much did you spend? My 6.0 got the same loaded or empty.

I've never had to replace any of those things. Question is how much did you make and how much did you spend? My 6.0 got the same loaded or empty.
my dads is getting ready to go get its hpop for the total of $1200, just had egr and oil cooler replaced, one day it will get 15 mpg and the next it will get 9
How much did I spend? 1/4 of a tank, approx. $12.5
truck costs around .80 a mile to run pulling that trailer, twas about a $200 ticket.

I'm glad you loved your 6.0, and I don't doubt it was a great truck for you, but not all of us have had the same expierence, if I was going to buy a diesel truck it'd be either a Cummins or a 7.3, seems like anything else runs the risk of costing you big time and frequently. I haven't heard anything horrible about the 6.7's and haven't towed any of them, but they're ungodly expensive

Last edited: