What did you do to your bike today?

I'm in the market for one do you like it that's my main question LOL

I do like it, I only have 3 rides on it so far and that's coming off a 6yr layoff, the suspension is a little stiff but the AER forks seem pretty good, the power is really good you can tractor it or you can rip it but you have to hang on. This weekend I played with the 2 map settings, the first 2 rides it was on the performance setting and the power band hit pretty damn hard and it was real pipey but fun to ride, this past weekend I rode it with the mapping unplugged and it was a totally different bike it felt like a woods bike power was really smooth and still pulled down low, top end wasn't as harsh as before but still fun to ride I'm going to keep it on that setting until I get my timing and reflexes back from the long lay off. 2 of my buddys rode it this weekend and both are now in the market for one. My last KTM I had was a 03 300 mxc and a 250mxc prior to that this new bike turns really well and ergonomics feel really good. So with that being said I'd recommend one for sure

I do like it, I only have 3 rides on it so far and that's coming off a 6yr layoff, the suspension is a little stiff but the AER forks seem pretty good, the power is really good you can tractor it or you can rip it but you have to hang on. This weekend I played with the 2 map settings, the first 2 rides it was on the performance setting and the power band hit pretty damn hard and it was real pipey but fun to ride, this past weekend I rode it with the mapping unplugged and it was a totally different bike it felt like a woods bike power was really smooth and still pulled down low, top end wasn't as harsh as before but still fun to ride I'm going to keep it on that setting until I get my timing and reflexes back from the long lay off. 2 of my buddys rode it this weekend and both are now in the market for one. My last KTM I had was a 03 300 mxc and a 250mxc prior to that this new bike turns really well and ergonomics feel really good. So with that being said I'd recommend one for sure
Awesome! Thanks

Pulled the piston from the '14 yz250f today.
Cyl looks good piston is a JE 977, no crank slop. Chem dipped and cleaned up pretty good. I was concerned about the zero clearance on the intake valves so I thought I'd hunt down where it went. Gotta figure it had .15mm at some point and I didn't want to just shim and go with it. Pulled the valves and cleaned up sorry no before pics, but here's an after.

FF06DE26-C2B5-4834-9AD5-371AB18137A0.jpg

have you seen a valve with a dish like this? At first glance I thought it was pounded and there went the .15mm but the closer I looked I didn't see any mushrooming, and the valve margin thickness is right in spec. It just looks very perfect am machined to be a bludgeon effect. Here's another

A5F1B61F-BC82-4EA5-B1BB-1C130467366D.jpg

Anybody seen this on a "good" valve?

Cyl looks good piston is a JE 977, no crank slop. Chem dipped and cleaned up pretty good. I was concerned about the zero clearance on the intake valves so I thought I'd hunt down where it went. Gotta figure it had .15mm at some point and I didn't want to just shim and go with it. Pulled the valves and cleaned up sorry no before pics, but here's an after.

have you seen a valve with a dish like this? At first glance I thought it was pounded and there went the .15mm but the closer I looked I didn't see any mushrooming, and the valve margin thickness is right in spec. It just looks very perfect am machined to be a bludgeon effect. Here's another

Check those seats closely also, most valve clearance issues starts there.

I have found it to be much cheaper in the long run to replace everything as I went through the bike. My theory is why wait for it to go bad if you know its gone its time limit.

Yeah I went ahead and ordered new valves and springs last night. I knew they were shit, I Also knew that's where my clearance went, I just wanted to put it back together. Seats look pretty good but I shut down the anxiety to button it up quickly. Verdict is in though, easiest 4 stroke I've ever worked on.