The what are you listening to thread

I grew up when it seemed like everyone had a ton of vinyl at home but me. did the garage band thing. picked it back up again from time to time. of all the time i spent at race tracks or trails and all the time I spent at concerts, I really wish I had the times spent listening back. Maybe a few suprise sessions with guys everyone else knew, but other than that, I wish I had the time back. I dont own a cd now that I play.

Never heard of Tony Royster, but very well done. Good timing, not only with the band, but with the audience reaction.
Are you a drummer, or just a fan of drummers?
I assume you must know something about drumming since you know what a parradiddle is...

I was never a fan of S&G, but one of my favorite bands Disturbed covers this song.
I just went to their concert a couple weeks ago, and it was one of the best concerts I have seen (150+), and must say I have a new found appreciation for the original.
But IMO Disturbed does an amazing job of this cover, and it fit's with their socially conscious message. Now I know why they also covered Land Of Confusion by Genesis.

Last edited:
I grew up listening to all the good oldies. wouldnt change it for nothing. Words that make a story, songs that will echo forever the sound silence.
Hendrix
Rolling Stones
Led Zep
BOC
Moody Blues
The list can go on.
Pink floyd dark side of the moon my first concert @ 14yo, LA.. Fucing mind blowing. Still have the $.75 program.
Over 50 Greatful dead. Hahaha...

You mention the Moody Blues...That was my 1st concert.
My Dad took me, I was 13.
I took my boy with me to Disturbed a couple weeks ago.
He's 11, but didn't sleep much the night before, and consequently slept through 90% of it.
I still had a good time though, they were awesome.

The few things of any value that came from going to a high number of concerts in the 60's and 70's is that The Beach Boys, were fun, simply put without you feeling like you needed to be drunk or high. saw them the last time in ventura in the mid 80's and i wished I hadnt. from the british invasion to jefferson the group that seemed to like their job and gave the best concert was The Chambers Brothers, the best concert band in a bar was Norman Greenbomb, and a man I would probably always pay to see once more is Jackson Brown. I don't remember ever hearing a woman sing that I wanted to take home more than I did Linda Ronstadt. Gordon Lightfoot gave the worst concert I ever went to. A classic jackass to an audience to boot.

Last edited:
The Beach Boys, were fun, simply put without you feeling like you needed to be drunk or high.
That's funny.
This Disturbed concert last week was the "cleanest" concert I have ever attended; no smell of weed, no cigarettes, just $13.25 beers.
It was also the first concert I have attended where I wasn't drunk or high, LOL. (Had the kid you know, gotta set the example.)

Never heard of Tony Royster, but very well done. Good timing, not only with the band, but with the audience reaction.
Are you a drummer, or just a fan of drummers?
I assume you must know something about drumming since you know what a parradiddle is...

I was a drummer and actually called back into the studio this weekend. 20yrs without ever playing a beat and I still have 2 chops.