South SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HOLIDAY SEASON 2016

Since this is a SoCal thread can Central Cal guys post here? I'm a noob to this forum. :smirk:

It's been a while since I have been on DBA.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you fellow dirt bike enthusiasts!

:cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well I missed 530, I hear you came by my place. I went over to to find your camp but couldnt see which one it was. Got some riding in, did about 90 mi. Belly didnt bother me from the surgery. It was REAL dusty. Lots of people but no issues on the trail.

We roosted by on Friday mid-day. Came through the El-Posos through Last Chance Canyon, popped out at China Lake Blvd & 395, ran up the road and dove into the Football field. then jumped over to X-15 crash site heading to Johannesburg for fuel, off to the Husky Monument via a sweet single track across the ridge and on into Barstow. Fun 2 days of riding will need to collect the pics and get a ride report together soon.

well I missed 530, I hear you came by my place. I went over to to find your camp but couldnt see which one it was. Got some riding in, did about 90 mi. Belly didnt bother me from the surgery. It was REAL dusty. Lots of people but no issues on the trail.
I was solo the first time I stopped in and then with 4 of us later in the day. Both times I was told you had just left for a ride. Yes, it was dusty out there and there were more people everywhere than the previous years it seemed to me. We took some nice single track and mountain trails for a 50 mile ride over to the pinnacles Saturday afternoon and on the way back the wind picked up. Kind of fun riding the bike and not being able to even hear the engine. Not sure when you left but Saturday night was ugly as well as the drive home in the morning.

I got WIND of it and left about 3pm Sat. Stopped riding at 1pm. Heard it was coming, loaded and at 3 the wind was up to 20. By the time we got to Jawbone it was 30 and started drizzling. Never rained hard on us. Got to the Tulare rest stop rv dump 30 sec too late and had two pull in in front of me. Took a total of 20-30 to get back on road, but still better then it would've been on Sunday.

did you guys ride the dirt road over there or do trails
We started off back in the Rademacher Hills and found nice single track all the way over through Charlies or Wagon Wheel and kept going through mountains. Found a few dead end sand washes and some rocky goat trails but ended up over by Randsburg Wash Road then crossed over that to the Pinnacles. When we stopped for these pictures it was so windy it was hard to stand and some of the group was getting hungry so we took the main trail back to camp. You were gone by then when we passed through.