South SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HOLIDAY SEASON 2016

Do you remember Parry Klassen and Milan Garrett?
yep, Milan n I went to same school etc. Klassen had family money and went national, Milan was faster but was just a regular middle class guy. He went to Florida winter series after graduating HS, got sick and quit racing. He now owns a bead lock mfg company and moved to SoCal 15 yrs ago.

Klassen used to drive himself to races in the farm trucks at 15. he had a pursang with a 19 inch wheel to begin with. I felt Milan had as much talent as anyone from the area, but I was never sure he loved it as much as some. Ron Bass was another. One thing I learned was the personalities that it took to stay around. John Franklin was very talented too. Ask Joe and Mike about Ralph if you never met him. He would have been the whole package. Build, fix, figure out anything, and so determined and no fear. Odd how he lost a kidney doing a donut on a friend's new Maico 400. Didnt want to drop his new bike and ended up taking the handle bar under the rib cage. Kidney gone.

I hope Mike and Joe are both doing really well. I haven't seen Joe since yamaha came out with those yz's with the aluminum tanks hold on by straps. he let me ride his or Alan's I can't remember. Had me hating my cz.

Remember Joes Husky 125? What a turd that was. Mike rode Pentons til he too got a Bultaco. I had a Maico 250 radial fin as my last race bike. Franklin was good, his dad ran Madera Lakes MX. I bought his hand made coffin tank for my Maico. Don't remember Ralph.

ask them about ralph. i remember mike and the pentons. he didn't like to be kidded about going to church either. he was a talker, though i was only around him a few times. joe was pretty quiet. one of those guys that said nothing and just threw a punch where appropriate. I have thought of him and that los gatos canyon mafia a lot since leaving there.

Remember Joes Husky 125? What a turd that was. Mike rode Pentons til he too got a Bultaco. I had a Maico 250 radial fin as my last race bike. Franklin was good, his dad ran Madera Lakes MX. I bought his hand made coffin tank for my Maico. Don't remember Ralph.
You guys are talking about bikes that caught my eye. I had 4 Maicos, all 400 radials from 72 up to 77. Had the Adolf Weil replica with silver frame and aluminum tank and the forward mounted rear shocks. That thing was nice in it's day, wish I still had it.

Where are you camping for TDay Mike? I guess we are all heading up to Prospectors again.

Im at intersection of Searles and Trona. If you r on Searles it dead ends at Trona. It continues as a dirt road-original Stevens mine road. Im about 1/4 mi in on the right. Its an overview of the pipeline valley all the way to Invader, bombing range, etc.

it rained, hope it makes it great dirt
It rained here in AZ too.
The bambino and I are headed out first thing in the morning. We went 40+ miles on our last trip Sunday, I expect to exceed that by about double. Hopefully the mud is still there.
Happy Turkey day to all!