South SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HOLIDAY SEASON 2016

I have been pretty lucky. The injuries I have had haven't caused as much problem as they do for others. Something you WON'T have any control of is what arthritis does. I am still the same weight as I was when I graduated from college (160) and I can't think of many who can ride a bicycle as far or long as I can (though I am not a daily rider), and none that swim as long. But there are some things like that (arthritis etc) that can make you wonder how long you do have. My friend LeRoy is in his 80's now and loving a Honda Grom.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Getting excited.
Planned a sportbike road trip to June Lake, Yosemite, San Francisco, Hwy 1 to LA, and back through Pearblossom for the week of thanksgiving. Should be a real hoot.
Most likely be in a dezert the week between Christmas and New Years. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Getting excited.
Planned a sportbike road trip to June Lake, Yosemite, San Francisco, Hwy 1 to LA, and back through Pearblossom for the week of thanksgiving. Should be a real hoot.
Most likely be in a dezert the week between Christmas and New Years. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I loved living in Pearblossom the short time I did in 1969. It was the only place handier to ride than where I grew up (Coalinga.)

Getting excited.
This sounds like a good ride Dan. The only drawback will be the fact that it is a holiday weekend and the traffic coming down the 1 along the coast will be thick. We rode through San Francisco a couple years ago over the Golden Gate area and it was a zoo. :doh: Have fun and keep the rubber side down. :thumb:

yes, it was covered but of course the dealer did a shitty job. Still have water inside after it rains on the dash. I think I found the void where there was no sealer. Waiting for the next rain to see. Then one of the leveling jacks went out. It is a non-rebuildable part, sealed and welded. Dealer said $1000 for the part. I had it cut open n fixed for $233 and put it back on myself. They cut one of the slide out awnings and only would cover half since it was "old" and weathered.

Getting excited.
This sounds like good a trip,Dan. Thanksgiving is a big travel holiday, but I think it's people visiting family more than out sightseeing. You should be OK. San Fran, OTOH, will be a bitch. Every time that I've been there it's crazy crowded.
On the way back down the coast, a fun detour is to take Carmel Valley Rd inland. It's a twisty one that goes through some beautiful oak forest. Carmel Valley Rd will get you to the 101. Go south for just a few miles and get off on Jolon Rd. Take it to Fort Hunter Liggett. Inside the base you can access Nacimiento Ferguson Rd. This is an awesome road. Narrow,tight and twisty that goes over the hills and back down to Hwy 1 just north of Hearst Castle. This route bypasses Big Sur, however, but totally worth it.
You're gonna have a great time no matter where you go. :ride:

you from Coalinga?? Maybe we talked about it before?? My bro-in-law is from there and raced MX in the 70s with me.

yeah, I graduated in 1969 from hs there. I lived on the west side of town and literally rode right off of my porch and down a dirt road on the Griffin Ranch off to about 40,000 open acres and two valleys connected by a really nice ridge. Great place to be before it was all closed. If he was there as late as 71 we probably know eachother.

yes, it was covered but of course the dealer did a shitty job. Still have water inside after it rains on the dash. I think I found the void where there was no sealer. Waiting for the next rain to see. Then one of the leveling jacks went out. It is a non-rebuildable part, sealed and welded. Dealer said $1000 for the part. I had it cut open n fixed for $233 and put it back on myself. They cut one of the slide out awnings and only would cover half since it was "old" and weathered.

It seems like if you flunk out of automotive mechanics or building trades such as electrician, carpenter, or plumber you end up working in rv repair, or a boat shop. My friend's Itasca got the top scraped badly and was severly buckled. his fault of course, but you would have thought the repair shop was punishing him for doing it. the way they layed the replacement metal guaranteed that he would have water and snow melt held in place like it was a pool. meaning that it was eventually coming inside. The reasoning for doing it that way "it just seemed to look better and more even" got that in writing.

I know them both, Joe Lowrey lived up in los gatos canyon, and we had some mutual friends. Alan Birdwell was one of his friends, we lost Alan in the early 70's so you may never have met him. Another one named Ralph Crabtree was the fastest out of all of us. Lost a kidney and was done.