Shifting without the clutch?

Graphics make any bike run smoother, quicker and basically like Mr cleonard said, INVINCIBLE! Heck, with the right ones you don't even need oil...

Your welcome in advance, now go out and get some cheap sunglasses...
That's how I do it!:thumb:

Hi again!
Lots of different opinions here, that's good :)
As I understand from all this it's no right or wrong, but question of comfort/durability.

In my gokart its very hard to use the clutch during shifting, because it's not a pedal on its own, it's a small handle behind the steering wheel.

The motor an 89mod (?, 5speed) and it has now started to jump out of gear while driving. As you can see in the latest video I have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qaFqsqrTfY&sns=em

I'm considering replacing the RM125 with a Husaberg 650 (because of el-starter), and I don't want that gearbox to suffer the same.

BTW: I have no stickers on it except "Suzuki" in the front, maybe that's the reason :wink:

ive been told im "old school" cause i use the clutch for shifting yet only been riding 2 years :lol:

really tho its cause thats how i was taught to ride quads and 3 wheelers when i was a kid

ive been told im "old school" cause i use the clutch for shifting yet only been riding 2 years :lol:

really tho its cause thats how i was taught to ride quads and 3 wheelers when i was a kid

I rode some guys KTM the other day when he rode my Husky and didn't use the clutch once, I hammered it through the gears and ground them as best I could. That dam bike just was to stiff for me and the seat felt like I was sitting on a brick just like my Husky before I go the Renozco! :smirk:

:hug: J/K it was a pleasure to change up and see why I bought a Husky, :P but that was only the second KTM I have ridden since 2008. Very nice bikes but I don't like orange.

If I am riding track i only use the clutch on turns and while down shifting. I don't pull it in to up shift. But if i am riding trail or desert i always use the clutch just in case :)

James

Staff member
If I am riding track i only use the clutch on turns and while down shifting. I don't pull it in to up shift. But if i am riding trail or desert i always use the clutch just in case :)
You should actually do that in reverse, downshifting without the clutch keeps the bike more stable.