Shifting without the clutch?

Come on dude. please research before you post. The clutch in a sequentially meshed wet clutch transmission if for getting in to 1st gear from neutral, although clutching when shifting does not have adverse effect except wearing your clutch out. revving and shifting is a really bad idea too....
J.S. Says that's how he shifts

I'm pretty sure he's fast as f*** and could beat any of us on this site. Besides he is a PROFESSIONAL which means he knows what he is doing.

A Rekluse can shift at at any time. Unless its the High end one it does not have a clutch action also, the clutch is eliminated. Look into them, you will see what I mean..

Well not quite.

Auto transmissions are more or less the same as your bike. In the gears are always meshed. The synchros help the gears come to the same speed before the dogs engage. There are no synchros in a motorcycle because they would never survive and the dogs are way stronger in a motorcycle transmission.

In general on a dirt bike you can shift with no clutch. I shift with no clutch when the conditions require it. However, I mostly use the clutch. It's a bit easier on the dogs to clutch it. It all depends on how long you will ride your bike. I've put at least 50,000 miles on mine so I try and give the trans a break. Most people will never ride long enough to wear out the transmission.

Riding on the dirt as opposed to the street is also a factor. The dirt can give, the street not so much. I (almost) always use the clutch on my street bike.

The only thing I have to say is I made a correction to this post...it is COGS not dogs....:prof: ....I've dealt with gears during my career and have never heard of anything on a gear called a dog ... a cog YES, a dog NO.... :D

Very rarely do i upshift without the clutch... And i never downshift without it.... I've never really heard of anyone not using the clutch unless raceing... Just seems like unneeded wear on parts.

Very rarely do i upshift without the clutch... And i never downshift without it.... I've never really heard of anyone not using the clutch unless raceing... Just seems like unneeded wear on parts.
What part does it wear? I don't know anybody that i ride with that clutches when shifting, either we all do without it, or have rekluse pro/exp...

The only thing I have to say is I made a correction to this post...it is COGS not dogs....:prof: ....I've dealt with gears during my career and have never heard of anything on a gear called a dog ... a cog YES, a dog NO.... :D

BTW... There is something called a clutch dog :P.... Im not 100% if that was what out dear freind Cleo was trying to say or not butttt....

A dog clutch is a type of clutch that couples two rotating shafts or other rotating components not by friction but by interference. The two parts of the clutch are designed such that one will push the other, causing both to rotate at the same speed and will never slip.
Dog clutches are used where slip is undesirable and/or the clutch is not used to control torque. Without slippage, dog clutches are not affected by wear in the same way that friction clutches are.
Dog clutches are used inside manual automotive transmissions to lock different gears to the rotating input and output shafts. A synchromesh arrangement ensures smooth engagement by matching the shaft speeds before the dog clutch is allowed to engage.
A good example of a simple dog clutch can be found in a Sturmey-Archer bicycle hub gear, where a sliding cross-shaped clutch is used to lock the driver assembly to different parts of the planetary geartrain.

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Dog+clutch

They are in out-drives on boats for sure :prof:

BTW... There is something called a clutch dog :P.... Im not 100% if that was what out dear freind Cleo was trying to say or not butttt....

And IT'S OK if I'm wrong, just saying I've never heard of anything related to a gear called a dog...gear cogs YES...the teeth and space between I know as cogs....:noidea:.....:thumb: .. What I've learned anyways.

I just googled both "gear cog" and "clutch dog".....Gear cog immeditately gave me pictures of gears/sprockets (the teeth)...clutch dog however was a mix of gear for dogs...WTF and clutch dogs mostly referring to tractors.....:prof:

~headtrauma

Transmissions like our bikes have are fully sequential "dogboxes." There are no synchronizers and they just "pop" into gear easily when load on the drivetrain is released(like letting off the throttle briefly).

And IT'S OK if I'm wrong, just saying I've never heard of anything related to a gear called a dog...gear cogs YES...the teeth and space between I know as cogs....:noidea:.....:thumb: .. What I've learned anyways.

I just googled both "gear cog" and "clutch dog".....Gear cog immeditately gave me pictures of gears/sprockets (the teeth)...clutch dog however was a mix of gear for dogs...WTF and clutch dogs mostly referring to tractors.....:prof:
:lol: :cry: :lol: