250 Rebuilding KX250

Thinking of running a new premix when my rebuild is done. Wanna run 32:1 but was wondering what you guys think of castor 927? What oil do you guys think is the best? Was running bel-ray about a year ago but it's becoming far to hard to find here. Switched to Lucas premix oil, seemed pretty good but someone told my that's why my power valve was so gummed up. Heard good things about castor 927. Any thoughts

Thinking of running a new premix when my rebuild is done. Wanna run 32:1 but was wondering what you guys think of castor 927? What oil do you guys think is the best? Was running bel-ray about a year ago but it's becoming far to hard to find here. Switched to Lucas premix oil, seemed pretty good but someone told my that's why my power valve was so gummed up. Heard good things about castor 927. Any thoughts

What oil is readily available to you all the time? Use that!
Your valve isn't gummed up because of oil, it's because of your jetting. Remember the wash on your piston? And not for nothing PVs will gum up from time to time. That's part of the regular maintainance schedule. Remember the top end of a 2T is supposed to get rings about every 15-20 hours and a piston every 30-40.

What oil is readily available to you all the time? Use that!
Your valve isn't gummed up because of oil, it's because of your jetting. Remember the wash on your piston? And not for nothing PVs will gum up from time to time. That's part of the regular maintainance schedule. Remember the top end of a 2T is supposed to get rings about every 15-20 hours and a piston every 30-40.
Alright good. Cause the Lucas is super easy to acquire

I love castor of any kind. the trouble is that if you run a bike a long time between teardowns you have more problems with that than most other oils. If you want the valves to remain wet and free you will need to be more in the 16-24 to one range than 32-1. it is a racer's oil as opposed to a casual rider's oil. it also tends to separate more when it gets cold, or "fall out" of suspension with the gas. that can leave you with a carb full of oil and no fuel. (yep, had it happen before you ask, and does it ever fool you the first time if you are like me.)

I don't like the chances of it going anywhere near the distance it has already been. You can't see inside the big end too well, but I can see some wear lines on the needles. There is enough wear evidence on the small end to tell me that there is some more that I would be afraid of having it that far down. Since you have another rig to ride in the meantime I would say rod and mains and wait until you are over the christmas shock.

Well I'm kinda on a budget build with this one. Do you think the crank will pass? The bearing looks pretty good. No squaring and looks well lubricated
If it feels good go with it but in the long run you will def need to do them sooner or later and if you could manage it into the budget get them done sooner as you will need to tear it all back apart again to get them done anyway!