Cool vehicles and drivable machine's!

View attachment 29999 View attachment 29998

There is an air museum near me in
"port Clinton Ohio" that has this b25 and other restorers. Watched em roll the motor over with the bottom cyl plugs out to get the oil that settled past the rings before fire up from a long time sitting.
Liked the vid of that's all brother
That stuff is so cool to me. Those paratroopers were my forefathers. I get all choked up inside watching these kinds of vid's.
The C-47 is basically the same plane as the DC-3, and I have numerous jumps from a DC-3.
I remember my first time in one; an old-timer skydiver on the plane noticed me sitting on the left side of the plane looking out the window at the left engine.
He came up to me and asked "do you see the oil running down the side of that engine?"
I said "yeah".
He said "that's a good thing!. Thats how you know the engine has oil in it!"
I will never forget that.
I love, love, love skydiving, and skydivers. The most amazing family I have ever known.

That stuff is so cool to me. Those paratroopers were my forefathers. I get all choked up inside watching these kinds of vid's.
The C-47 is basically the same plane as the DC-3, and I have numerous jumps from a DC-3.
I remember my first time in one; an old-timer skydiver on the plane noticed me sitting on the left side of the plane looking out the window at the left engine.
He came up to me and asked "do you see the oil running down the side of that engine?"
I said "yeah".
He said "that's a good thing!. Thats how you know the engine has oil in it!"
I will never forget that.
I love, love, love skydiving, and skydivers. The most amazing family I have ever known.
Anytime I get a chance I try to talk to all the old boys! Them are most stories that will never be published or in a film.

Skydivers, especially old-timers tell the best stories hands down.
They usually start with "no shit, there I was, thought I was gonna die".
I have all the respect in the world for all those old-time paratroopers and early skydivers. Many of whom are pioneers in the sport, and are still around today.
It took a lot of those ballsy people to sacrifice their lives back then, for me to be able to do my job safely (relatively) today.
Every time I see one I go up and introduce myself and shake their hand, and buy them a beer if I can.
They're always super appreciative, friendly as hell, and more than willing to talk about their very dangerous past.
It helps guys like me keep the right perspective.

Last edited:

"port Clinton Ohio" that has this b25 and other restorers. Watched em roll the motor over with the bottom cyl plugs out to get the oil that settled past the rings before fire up from a long time sitting.

Beautiful plane, I like the history of those war planes, my grandfather worked at Boeing, he was in on the design of the B-17, and. had operater manuals for that plane, sadly I don't remember him, I was 2 when he passed.

shit like that is why I always think old machines sitting abandoned are neat. Don't exactly know where any ex military aircraft are though.

Beautiful plane, I like the history of those war planes, my grandfather worked at Boeing, he was in on the design of the B-17, and. had operater manuals for that plane, sadly I don't remember him, I was 2 when he passed.
kind of sort of unrelated to this post
My Grandpa was a navy pilot during the korean war, he tried to get in on WWII but was too young, his favorite plane, my favorite plane, is the P-38 Lightning. Shortly before he died he was out playing golf and one of the few original airworthy P-38's was rolled out from a near by hanger, fired up, and flown around for a good 30-60 minutes.
Random, but I've always been really happy he got to see that before he passed. Randomly becoming a type 1 diabetic while enroute to the navy OTC will forever be a sore spot for me :banghead:

I watch my son roll over big radials the same way. Funny how times change but they wont let you update the way you work on those.

It is actually an FAA code violation to put multiviscosity oil in them!! So you decide to haul fuel to Prudhoe Bay, it goes down to 45 below and the wind is blowing 45 mph because it really isnt blowing very hard that day. deal with keeping it running or deal with putting heat on 4 two row engines to start it. Oh, per the approved manual from the 30's it is acceptable to cut the straight viscosity oil with Fuel, up to about 1/3 of the volume. Multiviscosity oils were never approved for those engines though. So maintenance procedures from the stoneage are still firmly in place. Count on your government for health care too!! (I am surprised barbershops are not still bleeding people.)