After market clutch baskets

So my basket should be here tomorrow. Tryed to take mine off. Put the discs back into hub and basket and put rope down topend. More than 2ft. Put the bike in gear, motor is locked but the inner hub wich has the nut still spins. Am i doing something wrong

So my basket should be here tomorrow. Tryed to take mine off. Put the discs back into hub and basket and put rope down topend. More than 2ft. Put the bike in gear, motor is locked but the inner hub wich has the nut still spins. Am i doing something wrong

2ft???? you should have only put about 3". Did it roll out the exhaust port and into the pipe?

I use the Clutch tool, others use the pipe or crow bar through the sprocket and wheel so it binds on the swingarm. fastest way is by impact wrench to remove it.

2ft???? you should have only put about 3". Did it roll out the exhaust port and into the pipe?

I use the Clutch tool, others use the pipe or crow bar through the sprocket and wheel so it binds on the swingarm. fastest way is by impact wrench to remove it.

Yeah but the hub just turns like the clutch is slipping some how. Idk

Im guessing i drill rivets from the side that the plates go into??

Attachments

• 1413840007621.jpg
    1413840007621.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 1413839995826.jpg
    1413839995826.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 6
The way the notches in the basket went were towards the clutch cover so i bet the plates were never fully engaged so that's why it slipped. Centrifugal force of the clutch turning probably pushed them out into the notches. My theory anyways.