After market clutch baskets

I had a weisco clutch basket that was in my bike when i got it. When i did the rebuild i noticed it was pretty notched so i sent it into weisco to cash in on that lifetime warrenty. They told me that it was from 2001 (same year as my bike) and that was before lifetime warranty (2003). However they did give me a killer deal on a new one and that means the old one was 12 years old when i replaced it. New one was here in 2 days and works butter smooth. Made a customer out of me with their customer service alone

I had a weisco clutch basket that was in my bike when i got it. When i did the rebuild i noticed it was pretty notched so i sent it into weisco to cash in on that lifetime warrenty. They told me that it was from 2001 (same year as my bike) and that was before lifetime warranty (2003). However they did give me a killer deal on a new one and that means the old one was 12 years old when i replaced it. New one was here in 2 days and works butter smooth. Made a customer out of me with their customer service alone

Buy some of their crankshafts!!

There is a big can of worms.

Are they junk? I heard their topends are good. This is my first 2 stroke and racebike. Im doing a top end this winter. I just wanna know what quality parts are and what are shitty parts. Trying to prevent a catastrophic faliure.

Last edited:
Are they junk? I heard their topends are good. This is my first 2 stroke and racebike. Im doing a top end this winter. I just wanna know what quality parts are and what are shitty parts. Trying to prevent a catastrophic faliure.
I have never used one. However most of the shops I know refuse to use them, of course I did just have a hot rods fail after what I feel is a short amount of time, For those reasons I feel OEM is the way to go.

I have never used one. However most of the shops I know refuse to use them, of course I did just have a hot rods fail after what I feel is a short amount of time, For those reasons I feel OEM is the way to go.

What fails in a crank? Rod bearing?

The biggest issue that causes cranks to fail is...Not running true. Any crank you get , you should have it checked for run out. I have seen some so far out they would actually not clear the engine cases when you tried to turn them. I think that one brand is the worst about this, but all brands even OEM shoulc be checked before being installed.

Paw Paw