After market clutch baskets

Theres a couple other factors in clutch life, rider ability, aggression, type of terrain, oil used, etc. etc.

Can't say I've ever worn a basket out so bad I had to replace it, I just put a clutch in the WR, filed the basket down and away we went and that ones 13 years old.

13 years old... I might want to think about a new bike....
I am riding bikes that could vote. My newest is a 2004. If I was racing and trying to be serious about it I would be looking for something newer.

Theres a couple other factors in clutch life, rider ability, aggression, type of terrain, oil used, etc. etc.

Can't say I've ever worn a basket out so bad I had to replace it, I just put a clutch in the WR, filed the basket down and away we went and that ones 13 years old.

13 years old... I might want to think about a new bike....

At that age it's just getting broke in.

I am riding bikes that could vote. My newest is a 2004. If I was racing and trying to be serious about it I would be looking for something newer.
My dad's IT should be filing for social security soon.
At that age it's just getting broke in.
I guess I'll find out how long a wr250f lasts, this ones not going anywhere.
I'm semi serious and a racer.... my bike is pretty old, 06ish :thumb: :noidea:
I didn't realize the TTR was that old

I just dident see the point in buying a newer bike. Dont have alot of money to spend between 2 bikes. I payed 900 bucks for my bike. Bearings, forkseals, clutch basket, clutch kit and its as good as new

I just dident see the point in buying a newer bike. Dont have alot of money to spend between 2 bikes. I payed 900 bucks for my bike. Bearings, forkseals, clutch basket, clutch kit and its as good as new
Sorry for the thread jack Robert, none of that was aimed at you.
I'm really bad about going off topic, you done good on your bike though.

I've used the Hinson. Not impressed for $140 more than the oem basket. Notched just as bad and relatively quick.
I want to say my oem basket was $65 shipped for free.

Was the bike in question the zook?

I looked at my Hinson two years after I installed it and not a notch one.

I assume this is the RM, did it allow the clutch to engage smoothly, not like my RM has always been since new? Chattering and grabby?

Edit.....I just realized my description of my clutch also describes my ex wife.

My dad's IT should be filing for social security soon.

I guess I'll find out how long a wr250f lasts, this ones not going anywhere.

I didn't realize the TTR was that old

TTR is an 02

I assume this is the RM, did it allow the clutch to engage smoothly, not like my RM has always been since new? Chattering and grabby?

Yes my RM. And yes your wife is grabby, I ignored the chatter tho. :thumb:

Ah man my clutch was shit when I got the bike. Filed down the basket new plates and fibers tried different oils. But when I finally broke down and put a new basket not hub, just the basket. Bamm the bish is like butta now :thumb:

Last edited: