2 Stroke 1988 Honda Cr250r

My "long ass list" consists of taking out the spark plug after an attempted start and examining it. Wet says it is flooded. Wet and black says it is not only flooding, but running rich prior to flooding. Then you ground the plug and kick the engine over. If you are not getting a spark, you try a new or tested plug. I have ridden in Ohio. It works there too.

Your top shock bolt and nut should still be available Honda! ;-)

Sorry, I mean the adjusting knob. It's discontinued and nobody has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I had the same deal with mine, ended up buying a complete mint condition with dry rotted bump stop ( new bump stop is still avail oem from Honda! (Grant) Norcalmotospeed supplied my rear shock along with his airbox, linkage and radiator ducts, so if you find a nice part on eBers ask the seller what else he has and bundle buy from nice breaker bikes!
One thing to definitely check is your linkage bolts as the 88 bolts were prone to bending so were upsized on the 89 contributing to the pita non compatibility with swing arm and linkage parts!
Easily solved on the 88 by enlarging the frame / linkage mounts to accept the 89 swing arm / linkage but no go on the 89! Stick to the 88 part numbers and you'll be good!
Lots of frame and fitting bolts cross over 88/89 and also pop up on XR's so run the KS7 and equivalent XR code through eBay and google when you search!
CMSNL.com have loads of Oem bits for you but are based in the Netherlands so shipping might be shit!
Honda have a REALLY BIG shed in Belgium with a shed load of new equivalent nos parts and bolts etc but now probably made from cheap Chinese recycled rust rather than good old Jap Steel so if you can find NOS parts all the better! :wink:

Well guys. Funny story. This is my fourth currently owned motorcycle. And I just got it. I was a bit excited and well... I didn't tighten the plug down all of the way...... she runs!!!!!

This picture represents how far I've had a thumper apart:
7fb574eccda54578db9086447f4b1985.jpg

Never turned a wrench on a smoker! No excuse other than excitement on this one though lol. To be continued! And anyone know if other year brake pedals and kickstart levers will fit? Decent fit. Little modification. ???

wait until you reassemble the top end and hear a clanking as you kick. wonder ing why you don't have compression. (I wonder why I have an extra piston. as you stare at the work bench and continue to kick.)