yz250f 2007 valve problems.

Lots of good info here on this thread and it's all sound advice.
Let's face it though. An 07ish bike that has hammered valves will more than likely have a bottom end not too fat away. My experience has been that if you do just enough the rest of it will go to hell shortly after. You'll never find a thread where the op regrets doing a full rebuild but the internet is loaded with guys that just rebuilt their top ends just to have the cranks rip apart at the rod. Never a happy ending.

Let's face it though. An 07ish bike that has hammered valves will more than likely have a bottom end not too fat away. My experience has been that if you do just enough the rest of it will go to hell shortly after. You'll never find a thread where the op regrets doing a full rebuild but the internet is loaded with guys that just rebuilt their top ends just to have the cranks rip apart at the rod. Never a happy ending.
I agree, especially if you don't have any idea on how many hours are actually on the motor.

Its pay me now or pay me later, and you will pay more later.

I'd sell it and buy something with a Reed block.

Above is probably the most sound piece of advice......and By the way, the rest of your post is about right, it doesn't usually pay off to do the band aid fix.