250 Yz250 won't start

I turner the air fuel screw all the way in.

You did what???? Back that air screw back out about a full turn. Maybe a turn and a half. With it in all the way youve blocked off the low speed idle air passage. I know when I turn mine in all the way it will die and wont start.

You did what???? Back that air screw back out about a full turn. Maybe a turn and a half. With it in all the way youve blocked off the low speed idle air passage. I know when I turn mine in all the way it will die and wont start.

When did he say that :lol:

I did, I tried pull starting it at 1 1/2 and all the way in. It's set at 1 1/2 now.

Well. Youve about covered all your trouble shooting. Did a compression test. Youve checked for spark. Youve cleaned the carb, and are getting fuel to the carb. Are you getting fuel to the cylinder? You have yet to check the reeds. These engines are simple engines. But sometimes they are a MOTHER:finger: if you dont have them set up correctly, or if something simple needs to be adjusted or replaced.

Yeah, tomorrow I'll check the reeds, and I also want to drop the crankcase oil and see if there is any shavings in it.

I still don't understand the way all this came about? I rode all day for a whole weekend and didn't have any problems, then I run the bike out of gas and I have a compression problem?? Weird. I'm starting to wonder if the oil I was using wasn't appropriate, but it's two cycle oil, and I had it mixed at 40:1.

While you have the carb off checking the reeds... Do a compression check...If its still low, Get another gauge and check it... If its still low. Pull the head and check all that out.

Be sure to stay away from sharp objects while learning you are going to have to do a rebuild on your precious baby, Or wrist will be slit :/

While you have the carb off checking the reeds... Do a compression check...If its still low, Get another gauge and check it... If its still low. Pull the head and check all that out.

Be sure to stay away from sharp objects while learning you are going to have to do a rebuild on your precious baby, Or wrist will be slit :/
OK, ill probably bring the bike to autozone and borrow a gauge. If its compression its primarily going to be piston and rings correct?