250 Yz250 1998 won't start

Hey there guys . I'm new to this and don't know if I'm doing this right. But I have a problem with my 1998 yz250 2 stroke. I believe the stator isn't working anymore, would anybody know what stator I need for this bike? A guy told me I should try using proxy and try to start is .? Would this help ? Please, if anyone can help that would be great, thank you .

Attachments

• IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 8

SRAD97750

Staff member
Hey there guys . I'm new to this and don't know if I'm doing this right. But I have a problem with my 1998 yz250 2 stroke. I believe the stator isn't working anymore, would anybody know what stator I need for this bike? A guy told me I should try using proxy and try to start is .? Would this help ? Please, if anyone can help that would be great, thank you .
Welcome,
If you are not getting spark, I would test the electrical system per the Service Manual to be sure it's the stator, prior to spending money on an item that rarely fails.
Other components to test as well is coil, pulse generator, and good ground.
I recommend RMATV or Chaparral or any of the big OEM parts providers.-BIG DAN:thumb:

Pull your spark plug out and insert into the coil. Grab the coil with one hand, and the kick starter with the other hand and push it a few times. The results can be shocking!

Everyone I ever tested that way WORKED. God I remember Norwood tricking these guys in autoshop into holding the wire an their tongues. I saw mexicans with Don King's hair before I saw him with it.

Ever put your finger over the hole on a magnito starter for oil rigs?
Yah, I was dumb enough at age 12, and didn't know what the damn thing was. Oil rigger farm boy said to do it, and my dumb ass did. All I can say is, his truck windshield need to be replaced after that, and NO, I told him he was paying for it, not me.