Injured XQUADTARD Off the grid for a bit

Was riding my road bike (bicycle) coming down GMR Glendora Mtn. Rd.
Coming around a bend there was a mid size pickup in my lane (fyling)
I swerved his mirror brushed my hip which sent me flying over the burm / side
down about 15 feet. It was a hard hit knocked the wind out of me. I had two friends
behind a bit so I had to get up to the road so they saw me. Made it up flagged them down they called CHP. The truck never stopped aka hit & run.
So my I injuries are collar bone broken in 3 pieces and I have
a compression fracture of my L1 in my spine.

Have ortho appt. on Monday will know more then.

Xquadtard

sucks to hear. doubt they will ever catch the guy unfortunately :(

hope you recover as quick as possible but damm compression fracture in the spine ... i feel for you.

James

Staff member
:shocked: Damn dude that sucks, don't worry Karma will get that idiot. :thumb: You are one lucky son of a gun though, good thing you only got the mirror and not the grille/bumper. :cripple: Is the clavicle poking up? Come on we need pictures. :P

Keep us updated and get better. :thumb:

So what were the end results here? Are you all healed up and ready to ride? I just came upon this thread and found it interesting since I live in Glendora and I have been on this road many times. It is a dangerous place to ride anything in my opinion. :thumb:
Was riding my road bike (bicycle) coming down GMR Glendora Mtn. Rd.
Coming around a bend there was a mid size pickup in my lane (fyling)
I swerved his mirror brushed my hip which sent me flying over the burm / side
down about 15 feet. It was a hard hit knocked the wind out of me. I had two friends
behind a bit so I had to get up to the road so they saw me. Made it up flagged them down they called CHP. The truck never stopped aka hit & run.
So my I injuries are collar bone broken in 3 pieces and I have
a compression fracture of my L1 in my spine.

Have ortho appt. on Monday will know more then.

Xquadtard