450F WR450F rear brakes

I am working on my brothers 2003 wr450 getting it ready for the riding season. I was bleeding the brakes and a big air pocket came out of the line, after that the fluid stopped moving. piston in the caliper wont move and the fluid wont pump through the master cylinder. I emptied out everything, the line, the cylinder and the caliper of fluid. I tried to refil but the fluid doesnt move. Do I have to rebuild the master cylinder, or am I missing something? Thanks for all of the help :thumb:

I just sprayed a lot of brake cleaner into everything, including the line. I am going to let it sit and do its job then blow some air through the lines and I will ubdate what happens.

I just sprayed a lot of brake cleaner into everything, including the line. I am going to let it sit and do its job then blow some air through the lines and I will ubdate what happens.

Do you have the rotor in the brake pads? sometimes if you try to bleed the brakes with out a rotor between the pads you can spit a piston out of the caliper.

Do you have the rotor in the brake pads? sometimes if you try to bleed the brakes with out a rotor between the pads you can spit a piston out of the caliper.

I still have the whole wheel mounted. Well not right now since I took the caliper apart, but yeah when I go to bleed the brakes later the rotor will be there. Removing the piston hurts when you are not ready for it, just about took my thumb off when I put air through the caliper haha.

you were correct in your asauption sir. I srayed brake cleaner into the line and nothing came out the other side. So i set it up to where one side was hanging down and gravity helped the brake cleaner along. I left a dry rag under the line and when i came back the rag was wet. after a little compressed air in the line the clog came loose and even more brake cleaner came out. Not sure what it was but after i put everything back together and bled the brakes they are good as new.

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Excellent news... TIme to do this to my GSXR... having a bitch of a time bleeding the rear brake... -BIG DAN:thumb:

Good luck to you sir. After all that trouble with the rear brake I thought "great the front is going to suck I bet", its a good thing I don't gamble then because the front was way easier :thumb: