RM250 Wiring issue

Hi guys new to the fourm here. I just picked up a 04 rm 250, has no spark previous owner installed new coil with no results. The wiring from the cdi I'd a mess with a few writes just twisted together. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can check the wiring?

I've got a manual for my 05 RM 250 I'm quite sure it's the same as your 04, I've provided below a wiring schematic and a couple simple tests if you have a multi meter. By the way welcome to DBA Dustin.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

If you are able to follow these tests correctly, it should isolate which system the problem is in whethe the
Primary, secondary, or the cdi itself.

Last edited:
Well the wire colors on my cdi are different that the diagram so I don't know for sure if the correct wires are hooked up. Don't know how to attach a pic of what i got. I haven't had time to perform the tests yet.

So looking close at the bike it is a 2001. So does anyone have the wiring for a 2001? @2strokesteve89

I'm striking out here, can't seem to find a schematic for your 01'......I did find this, it will show you if you have the harnesses and cdi for the years 01-04. If your not aware K1 is 2001, k2 is 2002 and so on. I'll keep looking but Really you should order a manual for your bike anyways, you can get them from Amazon in down load, pdf, or the real thing. No matter how well you know your bike it's always a great reference from time to time.

image.jpg

So i picked up a new coil and it only has one wire terminal coming out of the coil and my old one had two wires coming out. Did they give me the wrong coil? Or is there a way to wire this in?

Manual shows 2 wires coming from the coil. But a recreation store has in there parts supplier showing the coil with just a terminal instead of the two wires.