Why are KTMs the best bikes? The others are junk...

James

Staff member
blue is pretty good too, but those red, green, yellow ones suck. Only orange can rise up after a dunk and live again.
:devil: You racist bastard!

:smirk:
Oh great I got the bumble bee all fired up. That did not take long. :smirk: If I remember right, everybody got hurt during those championship wins so James (as in wonder boy here on the DBA) could have painted his wheelchair bumble bee yellow and won those plates...:moon:
:lol::cry::lol::cry::lol: awww that made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. :hug: :smirk:

:prof: You can't win a championship if you're not racing, so props to you Ryan D. :thumb:
Plus I don't think manufactures matter as much as the team/rider, or am I way off?

James

Staff member
my wife's KTM submarine broke the motor this weekend at the 80mi mark, I guess I did something wrong or didnt get all the rust out.
:lol: Sorry I know this isn't funny, buuuut the thread title couldn't be more befitting. :smirk:

Ok serious now, what "broke"?

my wife's KTM submarine broke the motor this weekend at the 80mi mark, I guess I did something wrong or didnt get all the rust out.

I don't remember the particulars.

How long was it under?

How long between pulling it out of the drink and when you got it going again and removed all the water?

Air heads have a real advantage in the submarine department. Once you get them running again they get hot enough to drive out all the water. Not so with a water pumper.

Hope the damage is not too severe.

It's not just the engine at risk. All the wheel, steering stem and swingarm bearings are at risk as well. Flush all the brake fluid. You really have to go over the entire bike after a drowning.

Oh yeah, I did go thru it, not sure if there was something I didnt get tight or what has happened. I didnt split center cases, but had it apart and rinsed out with solvent and oil in 36 hrs or so. Will start to work on it tomorrow.

Maybe one of those pebbles you described, worked it's way to some place it shouldn't be. I'll be looking foward to your findings.:wave:

blue is pretty good too, but those red, green, yellow ones suck. Only orange can rise up after a dunk and live again.

Ran great all day after this, a DRZ by the way.
P3160009.jpg

This had a need for some cleaning out and a diesel fuel flush, then was on it again!
PB120185.jpg