Who make a better rider, MX or Off road guy??

I take it you were at I-5? 15 guys on a Mon.? They all must of been kids out of school. How often were they watering the track? It is so damn dry! I stop by there often to use the bathroom when Im trail riding weekday out there. Someone always getting hurt on tracks. It was about a month ago. Weekday ride. Mid-vid you'll see. We were the only ones there that day. Gate was open to for all to roll up and injure. I went back out and racked another 30 miles on the trails after this. You can keep MX and I will continue to enjoying watching others ride it.
Sorry about your nuts and bike Neversurface. It could of been worse ehh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWCJ9hb-dMw&feature=player_embeddedThis This poor guy had two surgeries after this lovely track mis-hap. It not just the entry fee to tracks that cost you!

Damn Chad how do you break a chain while casing a jump? Chain a hair too tight perhaps? I don't know, it just seems weird. Better than eating it and having you get broken. That's going to be one expensive track day.

Maybe you can get that welded? It's worth looking into because a new case half isn't going to be cheap. Neither will installing it if you have it done. Good thing you have two bikes, right?

I need a second bike too.

That's the 2nd time I've busted the chain on the Husky - I've got the chain slack per specs (which seems a little loose if anything to me)... The master link broke, and the link below it was damaged so I cut that link out & replaced it. Now I've got two master links in a row... :poke:

Not the ideal fix but a lot cheaper than a new chain...

I've got some funky aluminum welding rods that I'm going to give a shot. I'm not going to replace the case because I lost the case saver. I'll just wait to the chain goes AGAIN then replace it after I really grenade it! :pout:

I think you and I are accustomed to having Osteoclast and Osteoblast

I had to Google your post just to figure out what you were talking about! :smirk:

I take it you were at I-5? 15 guys on a Mon.? They all must of been kids out of school. How often were they watering the track? It is so damn dry! I stop by there often to use the bathroom when Im trail riding weekday out there. Someone always getting hurt on tracks. It was about a month ago. Weekday ride. Mid-vid you'll see. We were the only ones there that day. Gate was open to for all to roll up and injure. I went back out and racked another 30 miles on the trails after this. You can keep MX and I will continue to enjoying watching others ride it.
Sorry about your nuts and bike Neversurface. It could of been worse ehh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWCJ9hb-dMw&feature=player_embeddedThis This poor guy had two surgeries after this lovely track mis-hap. It not just the entry fee to tracks that cost you!

Yep, out at Gorman - I was there Saturday morning though. To be fair there were probably more than 15 people out, but I think a good 50% were on the sidelines.

That first double in the video is where my chain met it's demise...Looked like the guy on the KTM did about as good as I did, but at least all I did was break the bike!

That would be loam...as in loamy soil, etc. :prof:

BTW...did you ever find yur left nut? :noidea:

Oh...as for the oil on your case, it's looking gooooood! Kind of like mine! :thumb:

Left nut was in my abdominal cavity - it dropped later that day :smirk:

Oil on the case turned out to be from the clutch line. A fitting got spanked by the chain and dumped my clutch oil...

James

Staff member
Who let in the spelling police? :smirk: If you really want a good describtion, ask James, he's been up close and personal with it.:P
:thumb:.....wait...:finger:....no that was more hard pack. :P
loom, loam, not sure what it's called. It's not mud, not sand, not dirt... it's like fluffy potting soil :noidea:
loam or as we say, "that's some loamy dirt"
:confused: What happened, did he break his ankle or something? You're talking about the guy shorting the double around the 5:30 mark, right?

:thumb:.....wait...:finger:....no that was more hard pack. :P

loam or as we say, "that's some loamy dirt"

:confused: What happened, did he break his ankle or something? You're talking about the guy shorting the double around the 5:30 mark, right?

Yes, in two places. And it was already a metal ankle. That was part of the problem, it doesnt flex for him. It looked like nothing on the video.

We wonder who makes a better rider MX or trail, I wonder who racks up more injuries?

James

Staff member
Yes, in two places. And it was already a metal ankle. That was part of the problem, it doesnt flex for him. It looked like nothing on the video.
Ouch, the doc did tell me that I can NEVER break my left clavicle again. :mmph:
We wonder who makes a better rider MX or trail, I wonder who racks up more injuries?
Yeah no Sh*t. :bonk:

I only rarely saw a dead sled or meat wagon at a woods race. So far, I've seen one or two people bagged and tagged each time at the MX track. MX obstacles are uglier and the desire to ride on the rev limiter like on TV and in front of people on a track is the cause is my guess.

I only rarely saw a dead sled or meat wagon at a woods race. So far, I've seen one or two people bagged and tagged each time at the MX track. MX obstacles are uglier and the desire to ride on the rev limiter like on TV and in front of people on a track is the cause is my guess.

Hey Buck, on a side note, you're thread on the other site was well received I thought. :thumb:

The first desert race I took my wife to I think there were 6 life-flights.

She was not happy

James

Staff member
Well, at least it was more hard packed, after you were through with it.:smirk:
So said his clavicle anyway.:lol::lol::lol::wave:
:lol::cry::lol::cry::lol:
Yeah I bet. :bonk:

I still haven't found out how it went down and its been bothering me like crazy. :foul: I can deal with the bruises and stuff, it's just that "blank" spot in my memory that frustrates me. :foul: :foul::foul:(<---- 3 emotes mean its REALLY bothering me. :smirk:)

The other day I found more bruises on my legs and wrist, I'm thinking that the bike must have hit me. :noidea:

Maybe sort of like TP's crash, I do know that I didn't get up that fast. :smirk:

Man. I can't tell you anything about a brutal crash I had or how I got injured, bruised, and crushed either. James, you clocked your bean in addition to whatever hurt you. You got KO'd. What happens at that instant and for sometime afterward, you won't know. Nobody saw me crash and crush a Bell into a rock. For all I know, it never happened if I didn't see the evidence that it did. That's some weird shit. I time warped from riding to finding myself walking in a field not knowing what year it was and who was the President of the US. :shocked: You will never know what happened unless someone filmed it or saw it. For me, some fuckin weird alien grabbed me off my bike I lost to him in a steel cage match and got spit out. Phhhft! No recollection! It's just weird.:thinking:

We were riding up near my house in some mountain single track a couple years ago with my nephew. He was leading and was a bit ahead. We come up to him 20+ feet away from his bike, no helmet on, sitting on the ground smiling with dirt all over him and inside his mouth. He looked like he just got the best BJ of his life.:lol: BUT, he didn't know what happened, what day it was, how he got there or even going on a ride that day. Over time a good portion of the memory returned, but he still has no recollection of the crash or the next couple hours afterward.:devil:

Another good one: Last summer my friend's son was riding near his house. Apparently he knew that he was supposed to come home for some reason to go somewhere or do something with his DAD. When he got back he also had that queer smile but was all dirty. Dad asked him if he crashed and he can't remember. The son asked when they were leaving to go and the dad said something like in a few hours. As the afternoon wore on, the son came back every few minutes to ask when they were leaving. Dad finally got wind of what happened (fell and smacked his head) checked the bike and helmet and saw plenty of damage to both. The kid must have asked the question 6-8 times that afternoon not remembering he had asked before. To this day, he remembers little of the incident.