Who knows about cfr 450s

Yeah sounds like a valve issue, was going to buy a CRF and read about the valve problems "taking it CFR's fall into the same problem", and to make it reliable you really needed to replace the valves with stainless ones with new guides, springs etc, just thought stuff it and brought a WR instead, over 4000K's with valve clearance checks no problem. I'm talking 250cc, but from memory the 450's had issues too. I was able to score a XR650R, no problem with valves on that old girl :), same deal, valves are staying within tolerance, bonus with the XR = no shims, you can manually adjust them. Due to the high RPM's the manufacturers wanted the CRF's, CFR's and WR's etc to have titanium valves.

Now watch me go for a ride now and drop a valve on the WR!! :rolleyes:

A :wink:

All the replies are in there. I have heard to stay away from the crfs in any year. Nothing but a great bike when running but you have to keep up on them all the time. The easy thing is valve check. The water leak is impeller shaft or fins and gasket

Yeah sounds like a valve issue, was going to buy a CRF and read about the valve problems "taking it CFR's fall into the same problem", and to make it reliable you really needed to replace the valves with stainless ones with new guides, springs etc, just thought stuff it and brought a WR instead, over 4000K's with valve clearance checks no problem. I'm talking 250cc, but from memory the 450's had issues too. I was able to score a XR650R, no problem with valves on that old girl :), same deal, valves are staying within tolerance, bonus with the XR = no shims, you can manually adjust them. Due to the high RPM's the manufacturers wanted the CRF's, CFR's and WR's etc to have titanium valves.

Now watch me go for a ride now and drop a valve on the WR!! :rolleyes:

A :wink:
it's was up untill 05 with the crf valve problems