Who knows about cfr 450s

Ok so I am looking after may friends cfr 450 while he is away to the army. He left his bike at my house I didn't tell him I was going to work on it and I might not just curious. So here is the deal it's a 2004 crf450 with a youoshima pipe the bike is running rough it starts with no idle even if you adjust it antifreeze leaks out the waterpump then it can only ride for about 2mins because it's too hot and it won't start back up untill it cools ive heard it could be the crank bearings or the waterpump but it also seems as though it could be a topend issue

Sounds like it has several issues. The no idle part could very well be the carb's low speed jet is clogged up with old fuel. If it gets hot that fast maybe the water pump is shot. Like I say, sounds like it has some issues. :devil:

Sounds like it has several issues. The no idle part could very well be the carb's low speed jet is clogged up with old fuel. If it gets hot that fast maybe the water pump is shot. Like I say, sounds like it has some issues. :devil:
we just redid the Carb but we went to put it back on the bike and realized we didn't put the idle screw in so never put it back on I'll problem get the carb back on this weekend and let u know

Sounds like a few issues.....

Your getting hott and not starting issue sounds like it needs an valve adjustment, Could be the running rough issue also.

How long ago was the valves readjusted... I would double check them.
they were don not even 3months ago but the bike acted the same before and right after they were done I think they may not have been done right there was a guy who was going to trade him a 99 cr 250 super clean for it as is and he said no lol

sounds like it needs allot of work or its seriously out of tune(tight valves, messed up carb settings, yada yada)

IMO bad idea to buy an old mx 4t especially a honda of that era.

sounds like it needs allot of work or its seriously out of tune(tight valves, messed up carb settings, yada yada)

IMO bad idea to buy an old mx 4t especially a honda of that era.
I know some people who have good older 4ts u just gotta buy it from someone who took care of it but unfortunately I think my buddy's bike was a race bike that was neglected he sold a bad a** 250 2 stroke for that bike too

I know some people who have good older 4ts u just gotta buy it from someone who took care of it but unfortunately I think my buddy's bike was a race bike that was neglected he sold a bad a** 250 2 stroke for that bike too
I hope your buddy will learn a lesson or two here on how to buy a used bike. :prof: