Which Vehicle?

Willy, just my $.02 Canadian but, if I were in your shoes I'd be keeping your current truck and I would set some goals about saving some squish and picking up something you really want a couple of years down the road - kinda like rewarding yourself for getting your carreer going. :thumb:

Very true, that's the best logical way. I guess it's just the teen in me to want to go out there and buy, but I'm going to tough it out and stick to dirt for now and take your advice, thanks N-edge :thumb:

Holy crap, $8k? :eek:

If you want a bike like one of those in the future get your motorcycle license ASAP. You see there are two big factors. First is your age and the second is how many years you have been motorcycle licensed. Even a 40 year old with zero years of having a motorcycle license will probably pay $4k/yr. With five years of having a motorcycle license it might only be $1k.

Yes highly priced :lol:. Never even would have thought of that, dumb question is how do I get my license without a bike? Or is it just a written test?

Holy crap, to insure WHAT? I pay $102 a YEAR to insure my bike.

To insure this: http://springfield.craigslist.org/mcy/2210747956.html That's on my parent's plan, so I'm guessing because I haven't had a license and I'm only 18 is why it's so high.

I'll sell you my Duc...:smirk:

Would you take payments with these?:smirk::

monopoly_money_100.jpg

To insure this: http://springfield.craigslist.org/mcy/2210747956.html That's on my parent's plan, so I'm guessing because I haven't had a license and I'm only 18 is why it's so high.
You have your sights set too high for a first bike for an 18 year old, that's why the insurance is so high. Find a bike that isn't classified as a sport bike, and that is less than 700cc, and the cost of insurance will be dramatically lower. The SV650 that others have mentioned is a very good example. You could also consider an EX650 (Ninja 650), GS650F, GS500F, and many others. These are all small-displacement sporty bikes that are plenty of fun and are much more insurance friendly.

No trying to be insulting, but an 18 year old with zero street experience has no business buying a 1000cc repli-racer for a first bike. You aren't ready for that.

You have your sights set too high for a first bike for an 18 year old, that's why the insurance is so high. Find a bike that isn't classified as a sport bike, and that is less than 700cc, and the cost of insurance will be dramatically lower. The SV650 that others have mentioned is a very good example. You could also consider an EX650 (Ninja 650), GS650F, GS500F, and many others. These are all small-displacement sporty bikes that are plenty of fun and are much more insurance friendly.

No trying to be insulting, but an 18 year old with zero street experience has no business buying a 1000cc repli-racer for a first bike.
You aren't ready for that.

Well I've had experience riding them, just no license. And what's to handle? Hang on, twist the throttle and hope for the best :smirk:

I think I'm going to hold off on it, really it's not something I just have to have, just a want :lol: I'd rather not look like a noob on a 250 :smirk:

Well I've had experience riding them, just no license. And what's to handle? Hang on, twist the throttle and hope for the best :smirk:
Have you ever ridden a 1000cc supersport? The acceleration and speed they are capable of generating is phenominal, and for the lesser-skilled it's often deadly. Insurance for a teenager with those bikes is exorbitant for a reason-a lot of teenagers buy them as their first bike, because they just have to have the baddest bike out there, and end up becoming just another statistic because they didn't have the experience to handle the performance.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, I don't know if you are experienced or not. Just explaining why the insurance is so expensive for people your age.

Have you ever ridden a 1000cc supersport? The acceleration and speed they are capable of generating is phenominal, and for the lesser-skilled it's often deadly. Insurance for a teenager with those bikes is exorbitant for a reason-a lot of teenagers buy them as their first bike, because they just have to have the baddest bike out there, and end up becoming just another statistic because they didn't have the experience to handle the performance.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, I don't know if you are experienced or not. Just explaining why the insurance is so expensive for people your age.
+1 When my son turned 16, I put him on a Ninja 250. Yes it was slower than a turtle, but it gave him the ability to learn the ways of the road without learning the bike. I made him put in a lot of miles on that before he could move up. We did a lot of canyon runs and when we were driving in the car together, I would point out potential situations of what to look for when on the bike. He now rides a GXSR600 that he has not been on for 2 years, so we will have to start out slow again when he returns home in a few months.

I understand completely :thumb: I wasn't taking it offensively at all, I know the insurance is high for a reason and I wouldn't disagree with it after things I hear from people my age wanting to do, and especially after watching the way they drive cars :shocked:

+1 When my son turned 16, I put him on a Ninja 250. Yes it was slower than a turtle, but it gave him the ability to learn the ways of the road without learning the bike. I made him put in a lot of miles on that before he could move up. We did a lot of canyon runs and when we were driving in the car together, I would point out potential situations of what to look for when on the bike. He now rides a GXSR600 that he has not been on for 2 years, so we will have to start out slow again when he returns home in a few months.

You make a valid point, every one does have to start from somewhere :prof: I'm just going to get my license and keep my truck like N-Edge suggested, so I can save my money :thumb: Never know shit happens, I could end up with a baby and no money because I spent it on a bike, so I need to keep my dreams in my head :lol: