Which is the best deal ?

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have a question.
I've been looking into getting a 125 2 stroke and it's come down to a 97 RM125 and a 96 RM125
Here are the links to both of them
http://newbrunswick.kijiji.ca/c-car...7-RM-125-for-sale-or-trade-W0QQAdIdZ389180848

http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-cars...irt-bikes-motocross-Rm-125-W0QQAdIdZ400615981

Does the 96 look to be in good condition and is it worth $1100? And what do you guys think would be a reasonable offer on the 97? What could be stuck in the 97's kickstarter?
Any input would be appreciated!!
Thanks !
I've also attached another picture of the 96 that I got from the guy through email. 538269_10151888652450495_946745957_n.jpg

ok so i hate to burst your bubble.. but neither of those are 96 or 97. They are both 92-95 bikes, 96-98 had showa conventional forks, not up-side downs. that being said, bike with the yellow plastics is worth maybe 600 max, and the one with purple plastics is worth about the same.
and for future reference this is a 96:
bikepics-1834151-800.jpg

and this is a 97-98:
bikepics-1858175-800.jpg

You will notice the biggest difference between the years is the bottom of the fork legs. Notice on the 96 they stick out over twice as far passed the block for the axle and brake caliper.

ok so i hate to burst your bubble.. but neither of those are 96 or 97. They are both 92-95 bikes, 96-98 had showa conventional forks, not up-side downs. that being said, bike with the yellow plastics is worth maybe 600 max, and the one with purple plastics is worth about the same.
and for future reference this is a 96:
bikepics-1834151-800.jpg

and this is a 97-98:
bikepics-1858175-800.jpg

You will notice the biggest difference between the years is the bottom of the fork legs. Notice on the 96 they stick out over twice as far passed the block for the axle and brake caliper.

They could be dropped? :lol:

I was just going to pick one up to tinker around with. I recently drove my friends rm125 and had a blast and didn't want to give it back :ride: If I do get one it'll be a second bike to my xr250. And I could increase my budget if necessary.

I was just going to pick one up to tinker around with. I recently drove my friends rm125 and had a blast and didn't want to give it back :ride: If I do get one it'll be a second bike to my xr250. And I could increase my budget if necessary.
RM125 will be a good bike to ride, good for low budget builds. Try to stay away from anything that seems to have a coil or ignition issue, other than that great bikes.

around here, a good deal for a early to mid-90's RM125 is like 600-800, i looked at the purple on again and the plastics on that bike look to be in alot better condition that the other. That being said, I wouldn't pay more that 900 for an RM that old. But, like james said, your areas prices could be much higher than prices in my area. If I were you I'd go look at the bike, but the guy says there is something in the kickstarter, so I'd consider the bike non-running condition because for all we know he broke off the idler gear and its stuck somewhere in the clutch side, or the bike seized up. Look around in your area, and try to get an idea of what a bike that age goes for, then figure out how much you are willing to pay for the bike, based on what you see as wrong with it.

Just sayain- He's in Canada. The bike prices for whatever reason are WAY higher up there.

Though IMO both those bikes look like beaters. If you don't wanna throw a bunch of money into a bike I wouldn't get one of those...

Any bike that old is going to get some money throwed at it... Since you are willing to tinker, I'd get the one that is the cheapest and go with it. Be sure the one that has the stuck kick starter isn't locked up. Try to bump start it.

Everything is overpriced, Once you find the one you want, low ball them. Use the fact they don't know what year it is to your advantage.