Where to keep registration?

Wait, what? Registration for my dirt bike? No thanks, I have no use for that. Reminds me of the old sanke oil salesmen routine.

It's easy enough to avoid the gumballs, if they don't have gumballs don't show them any papers simply tell them to fuck off.

Okay, so last time we went out riding up in the mountains they have volunteer rangers that go around patrolling the area and trails and what not.. Well it turns out they wanna check your registration while your out on the trails! Of course we didn't know this so we had to travel all the way back to camp with the rangers just to show them proof of ownership of our bikes!:doh:
So where would you suggest to keep registration papers at that's ON the bike because sometimes you forget to grab the back pack yah know?

What a dickhead. Where was this? ( didnt read though whole thread if that question was answered already )

I usually keep my registration along with a lighter, a copy of my ID, my cell phone, a swiss army knife and my car keys in a zip lock bag - I then shove that zip lock bag up my ass. Laugh if you will, but it's cheeper than a fender bag.

That gives a whole new deffinition to "fanny pack". :smirk:

Soo Why was I always getting in my fanny pack or back pack when we were out?...:busted: What all you got is a set of tire irons in there..:P

Water, a couple tools, chapstick in the back, more tools, irons, tube and such in the front fender pack. I think it is good to be prepared on both sides.:shocked::thumb:

You guys got nothing. We have to have our registration and Insurnace cards. We also have to have plates on our bikes so quit biotchen! I just took our's and put them in zip lock bags and zip tied them to my cables behind my headlight. Or on my wifes bike it has a metal piece all the wire goes through on the neck of the frame. I just zip tied them there.

You guys got nothing. We have to have our registration and Insurnace cards. We also have to have plates on our bikes so quit biotchen! I just took our's and put them in zip lock bags and zip tied them to my cables behind my headlight. Or on my wifes bike it has a metal piece all the wire goes through on the neck of the frame. I just zip tied them there.

So if you have a plate on your bike does that mean you can ride the pavement :noidea:

Registration on the trails? Huh, what? That guy deserved roost, in his face....
I do keep my registration on the 530, taped inside the airbox cover.

Man in twenty years of riding I have never had to produce my registration. I usually don't have it. Oh well, I guess I'll have to change my ways and start carrying a copy.

First copy your registration. Then get some of the map treatment stuff that the backpackers use. It's kind of like varnish for paper. Makes it mostly waterproof and also somewhat tougher.

Volunteer rangers are just that volunteers. In most cases they are not sworn law enforcement and you really don't have to pay all that much heed to them. The bad apples can have a real power trip with it. Now of course they likely have radios and can call in true law enforcement who will certainly have a bad attitude when they arrive.
Yeah see though if you don't do as the volunteers say they can and will bring in the bad boys who can do somthing about it haha.
And it is weird that they would even ask for it in the first place, but I guess they get a lotta stolen bikes up there:noidea: Most places we go just ask to check for green sticker when nessicary.

we just have to have a sticker :noidea: but to cross the damn street to get to dirt you need a plate and moto license....... so you can walk it across the street or chance it and book it to dirt :devil:

we just have to have a sticker :noidea: but to cross the damn street to get to dirt you need a plate and moto license....... so you can walk it across the street or chance it and book it to dirt :devil:

i cant for the life of me find a clip of it on the internet but i was watching some dirt bike dvd on Fuel and one of the clips was of a ranger giving a guy a ticket while his buddy is jmping over the street. The guy is bitching about getting the ticket for crossing the street all while his buddy is jumping OVER the street back and forth. They rider getting the ticket says something along the lines of WTF why are you not giving him a ticket.. the ranger is telling him He is not riding ON the street. :lol: sucks hes getting a ticket but the situation is funny as hell.