Where to keep registration?

Okay, so last time we went out riding up in the mountains they have volunteer rangers that go around patrolling the area and trails and what not.. Well it turns out they wanna check your registration while your out on the trails! Of course we didn't know this so we had to travel all the way back to camp with the rangers just to show them proof of ownership of our bikes!:doh:
So where would you suggest to keep registration papers at that's ON the bike because sometimes you forget to grab the back pack yah know?

get a fender pack and use that, those are permanently attached (unless you take the bolts out) and they can be used for multipurpose, like tools, first aid and other such things, just put the registration in a ziploc bag or similar to keep it from getting wet

get a fender pack and use that, those are permanently attached (unless you take the bolts out) and they can be used for multipurpose, like tools, first aid and other such things, just put the registration in a ziploc bag or similar to keep it from getting wet
Where do you get them at? The only ones I've seen are like strapped on and always fall off.

Man in twenty years of riding I have never had to produce my registration. I usually don't have it. Oh well, I guess I'll have to change my ways and start carrying a copy.

First copy your registration. Then get some of the map treatment stuff that the backpackers use. It's kind of like varnish for paper. Makes it mostly waterproof and also somewhat tougher.

Volunteer rangers are just that volunteers. In most cases they are not sworn law enforcement and you really don't have to pay all that much heed to them. The bad apples can have a real power trip with it. Now of course they likely have radios and can call in true law enforcement who will certainly have a bad attitude when they arrive.

Man in twenty years of riding I have never had to produce my registration. I usually don't have it. Oh well, I guess I'll have to change my ways and start carrying a copy.

First copy your registration. Then get some of the map treatment stuff that the backpackers use. It's kind of like varnish for paper. Makes it mostly waterproof and also somewhat tougher.

Volunteer rangers are just that volunteers. In most cases they are not sworn law enforcement and you really don't have to pay all that much heed to them. The bad apples can have a real power trip with it. Now of course they likely have radios and can call in true law enforcement who will certainly have a bad attitude when they arrive.

Im with you. i have never been asked for reg. The Leos look at the green stikie and sparkey....

I usually keep my registration along with a lighter, a copy of my ID, my cell phone, a swiss army knife and my car keys in a zip lock bag - I then shove that zip lock bag up my ass. Laugh if you will, but it's cheeper than a fender bag.