Where to buy 1988 yz250 plastics?

I found a dirt bike I'm interested in buying. It's a 1988 Yamaha YZ250. Only issue is the guy painted it all black, frame and everything. I know I could sand it off but the gas tank is also messed up. And I'm planning on buying new plastics anyways. I looked online and couldn't find anything!! Anyone know anywhere? Links would help too.

Actually I'm thinking of just wet sanding them all and hoping for the best lol. Would that work? Also the frame is also painted black... How could I get it off the frame without leaving scratch marks? Wet sand it also?

Actually I'm thinking of just wet sanding them all and hoping for the best lol. Would that work? Also the frame is also painted black... How could I get it off the frame without leaving scratch marks? Wet sand it also?
Nitromorse! But it will bare metal your frame in an hour lol

Well I bought the dirt bike! Compression is great, but it really does need some tlc haha. I'm gonna get that ugly paint off and put the original decals on, clean it up real good, replace what needs to be replaced, all that stuff. I'll start working tomorrow.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Well I bought the dirt bike! Compression is great, but it really does need some tlc haha. I'm gonna get that ugly paint off and put the original decals on, clean it up real good, replace what needs to be replaced, all that stuff. I'll start working tomorrow.
Excellent, post up some photos! -BIG DAN :thumb: