All Where can my kids ride their electric motorcycles near SFV CA?

I think I'll give Rowher Flats a try. Sounds like the staging and near to staging areas might be appropriate for my little guys. Hopefully not to many crazies there. I dont have a dirt bike so I need them to stay within sight of my truck so I can keep an eye on them and patch up the inevitable scrapes and such.

They are riding Razor electric MX350 for 7 year old and MX650 for 9 year old so cant go anywear to rough. The bikes were bought used but are holding up pretty good except MX650 dont handle mud worth a damn. Chain kept coming off. Mx350 held up in mud pretty good including a fall that plastered the electric motor. They already have plenty of safety gear from BMX racing at Sycamore in Simi Valley. Gas powered dirt bikes just seem like the logical next step.

Two of their friends have gas powered dirt bikes and I'm going to try and get a group going so they can check out their henchmens dirt bikes and we can get a feeling for what it's all about from people already doing it. I dont know anything about the rules, green or red stickers, etc. 1 Dad is open to it so far. I rode as a teenager out around El Mirage with a friends family and it was one of the best times of my life. I want my kids to experience this pretty bad.

Saving my pennies so the 3 of us can get dirt bikes. Watching Craigslist but cant find many dirt bikes I can afford. Not many pennies left after the bills get paid but will find something eventually. If anyone knows somewhere better than Craigslist to look for used bikes I'd appreciate it.

stick around mkesling. get those real dirtbikes when you can and in no time you will know whats up with everything. i just got into this sport 3 years ago and i now have my son and wife riding and my daughter is close. we own a toy hauler and go camping in the dez as much as we can.

I think I'll give Rowher Flats a try. Sounds like the staging and near to staging areas might be appropriate for my little guys. Hopefully not to many crazies there. I dont have a dirt bike so I need them to stay within sight of my truck so I can keep an eye on them and patch up the inevitable scrapes and such.

They are riding Razor electric MX350 for 7 year old and MX650 for 9 year old so cant go anywear to rough. The bikes were bought used but are holding up pretty good except MX650 dont handle mud worth a damn. Chain kept coming off. Mx350 held up in mud pretty good including a fall that plastered the electric motor. They already have plenty of safety gear from BMX racing at Sycamore in Simi Valley. Gas powered dirt bikes just seem like the logical next step.

Two of their friends have gas powered dirt bikes and I'm going to try and get a group going so they can check out their henchmens dirt bikes and we can get a feeling for what it's all about from people already doing it. I dont know anything about the rules, green or red stickers, etc. 1 Dad is open to it so far. I rode as a teenager out around El Mirage with a friends family and it was one of the best times of my life. I want my kids to experience this pretty bad.

Saving my pennies so the 3 of us can get dirt bikes. Watching Craigslist but cant find many dirt bikes I can afford. Not many pennies left after the bills get paid but will find something eventually. If anyone knows somewhere better than Craigslist to look for used bikes I'd appreciate it.

There are many DBAers in the SoCal area that can help you out in finding "affordable" bikes... just need to know what affordable (to you) is.

Stick aroudn like TraV says, you'll enjoy the comradary.... :thumb:

I may know of a 2008 KTM 50 for about $700 that is in great shape for sale. May work for your 7 year old for about a year or so depending on how big they are. The bike is located in Simi Valley which you are close to and looks like you BMXed there before.

Let me know - CDA