All Where can my kids ride their electric motorcycles near SFV CA?

Thinking about buying dirt bikes for my family but thought I'd start with Razor electric motorcycles for my 7 and 9 year olds first. Right away we have a problem finding places to ride them. So far they ride up dirt Mullholland to the nike missle site while I follow in my truck and in Chatsworth park north and in an open dirt area across from the ranger station near Balboa Lake and the golf course. The Rangers haven't bothered us and a police cruiser past us on dirt mullholland and didn't stop but I suspect they had more important things to do.

Where can gas powered dirt bikes be riden by kids in southern California?

Where can we ride these electric motorcycles in southern California? These motorcycles are basically electric scooters that look like dirt bikes. Anybody know the rules about where they can be legally riden. Also what are the rules in California for gas powered dirt bikes?

Welcome to the forum. Personally I would not spend money on electric bikes as I don't think they have resale and your kids will out grow them before you know it. I don't think you will find too many riding places around the city that will allow you to ride bikes but you can throw them in your truck and head out to the desert where there are miles of riding areas. There are places up off the 15 freeway called Stoddard, there is California City area and many more spots in the vicinity. There are many of us including me that have taught our young kids to ride bikes so if you need more details post up and we will help you out. :thumb:

Since you're in Encino, I would think Gorman would be the closest riding area to you... might cost you a couple bucks to get it but it's legal. Make sure they are geared up to ride, safety first!!!!! Other than there, the desert is the only other OPEN riding area that would work for you and your kids.

As for the "E" bikes... too each his own, if that's what works for you and your kids, then so be it.

Welcome to the forum! :thumb:

Welcome :ride: You are in Encino, jump on the 405 and head north. You can ride Gorman off the I-5 north of Castaic in less than an hour or Rhower Flats OHV in about 30 mins. off Sierra HWY in Canyon Country.

people have thier kids ride those through neighborhoods. its a toy not a real dirtbike. they sell em at wallmart or cheap versions of em. they would break at gorman so fast.

if i had one id ride around the neighborhood and on the little trails behind a house here and there and thats it. if you want to go to a place like gorman get a real dirtbike for yourself and your kids.

As mentioned above, you have other options that may be a bit closer to your home, like Gorman. Personally I would only go there on a weekday as I would be afraid for the safety of my little kids at that place, it gets very crowded and with crowds come dummies. :prof:

What 530ktm said. He is another one of my hero's. In fact, he is the older of the two. :smirk: Big wide open trails are his and his buddies favorite flavor of trail fire road riding.:deadhorse::stirthepot:

What Travace said. He is my hero. :thumb:
What 530ktm said. He is another one of my hero's.
I am my on hero in my mind....:smirk:

Thanks Palmer, I thought we were friends. See, that is why I need to be nicer this year...:prof:

:focus:

Like was mentioned, the electric scooters can be ridden I believe down the street. You cannot ride them in lots that would normally band bicycles. An electric bike would not be the greatest out at Gorman as well. Sounds like you need to step it up and purchase a few gas powered bikes, load them in the truck and meet some of us So Caliers out in the dez for some family fun. :ride:

:poke:
What CDA said, he is also the one and only "Super Hero" of DBA, see his posts are all directed at us mortals in a condescending way, and we love him for that. Just NEVER ask him what CDA stands for. PS. It is not his initials. :smirk:

OP, get some real bikes and come on out to the Dez.

:poke:
What CDA said, he is also the one and only "Super Hero" of DBA, see his posts are all directed at us mortals in a condescending way, and we love him for that. Just NEVER ask him what CDA stands for. PS. It is not his initials. :smirk:

OP, get some real bikes and come on out to the Dez.
:hug: I knew I liked you for some reason.