What's A Good Dirt Bike Gear Bag

James

Staff member
I'm looking for a HUGE bag so I can throw ALL my gear in it. I prefer something with compartments and quality over price. :thumb: Ideas/suggestions?

2 Sets of boots
2 Helmets
2 Goggles
2 Sets of riding gear
Knee braces
661 Pressure suit (Chest Protector)
Neck Brace
and some Misc stuff

My brother has a really nice gear bag. It is made by Fox and has held up very well over the years. I dont know how much he paid for it. I will ask him when he gets home later today.

ive seen a thor one that is all blue that was real nice.

i too am in the market for a bag as i HATE worrying about where all my gear is in my garage all the time.

check cycle gear if you have one close to you. they have some on sale sometimes and you can always just walk around the store putting their gear in them to test it out.

I'm looking for a HUGE bag so I can throw ALL my gear in it. I prefer something with compartments and quality over price. :thumb: Ideas/suggestions?

2 Sets of boots
2 Helmets
2 Goggles
2 Sets of riding gear
Knee braces
661 Pressure suit (Chest Protector)
Neck Brace
and some Misc stuff

That's a lot of stuff for one bag........I have a TLD bag that has room for 1 set of gear excluding the chest protector....and it's big enough. I can't imagine a bag big enough for twice the gear! You'd need to hire NH (since he lives out your way) to haul your shit around for ya! :smirk:

Ogio 9800 is huge. My son has 2 of those that he took to Chile. I have a Fox bag (not sure on model) that I have 2 helmets, chest protector, fanny pack, backpack, 1 set of boots,3 goggles, 4 pairs of gloves and 5 sets of riding gear. It all fits fine.

i figured you would go for something like this CDA...
2010onslaught_collection.jpg

Ogio 9800 is huge. My son has 2 of those that he took to Chile. I have a Fox bag (not sure on model) that I have 2 helmets, chest protector, fanny pack, backpack, 1 set of boots,3 goggles, 4 pairs of gloves and 5 sets of riding gear. It all fits fine.

you left out the partridge in a pear tree?????

I've never seen a bag that big.....

That is way too much stuff for a single bag. I would go for two if not three bags. One for the boots and the rest in one or two smaller bags. A single bag to hold all of that would be huge and hard to handle.

My boots end up way to dirty to put in a bag with the rest of my gear. They also get wet. Putting wet gear in a bag is an invitation for nastiness should your just toss it in the garage and not deal with it.

That is way too much stuff for a single bag. I would go for two if not three bags. One for the boots and the rest in one or two smaller bags. A single bag to hold all of that would be huge and hard to handle.

My boots end up way to dirty to put in a bag with the rest of my gear. They also get wet. Putting wet gear in a bag is an invitation for nastiness should your just toss it in the garage and not deal with it.

most the bags i looked at have a seperate compartment for the boots so that the rest of your stuff dont get muddy.

James

Staff member
Two sets of boots. Do you change them after each moto:noidea:
Who said they were both for me? :smirk:
Yeah I might just have to get 2 bags, but I'd prefer one for simplicity.
Which is why I need the different compartments. For example I have a bag for my snowboard, which has 2 watertight pockets to put the boots in. The snowgear bag also has dry and wet compartments, but I don't need the wet one as I never go down. :devil: :P

James

Staff member
My brother has a really nice gear bag. It is made by Fox and has held up very well over the years. I dont know how much he paid for it. I will ask him when he gets home later today.
:thumb: Ok thanks
So tell me more about this Ogio 9800; compartments, ruggedness, quality?

I see that the size is 34"H x 16"W x 17" D, not to shabby. :thumb:

:thumb: Ok thanks

So tell me more about this Ogio 9800; compartments, ruggedness, quality?

I see that the size is 34"H x 16"W x 17" D, not to shabby. :thumb:
It is pretty sweet. I'm thinking of getting one. It has some rugged off road wheels and heavy duty zippers. It has some great straps for strapping the outside.