What should I get while im in the usa...

Title says it.... Coming to the USA for Christmas and I was wondering if you all could say a few things I could possibly need...I know the most things just not that I forget anything and if OEM or After market!
My list atm:

Renthal Handlebar x1
Brake levers x2 = Break away ?
Clutch x2 = anyone know a good brand ?...Only used some cheap brand and was thinking about breakaways
Gas Filter = OEM
Suspension (Complete except springs) OEM or Honda
Sprocket, Chain etc = Usually go renthal r1 5100 (i think) anyone know better but in my price range :D?
Break pads x2 back x1 front.
Break disc back.

Maybe:
Bike has 60h on it.... (crf 250r) and was either thinking on Piston + Crank or a set of spare rims....I get flats so often lately... -_-...and would prefer to have 1 rear tire for non-racing :D.

My budget will be around 900$

Ty for the help....if you guys want to help ^^

Get rebuild parts.... topends, valves and cranks.... everything else you mentioned is readily available in Europe because thats where its made....

* On a side note...... Nevermind, I was gonna fill this up with my usual sexist filth and a get what you can qoute...

Not sure if it would be cost effective but why not just order all of this online from any number of dirtbike sites? You can't just bring that stuff on a plane as carry on. Airline is gonna charge you for the extra baggage. Probably about same as shipping from motosport or rmatv.

Get rebuild parts.... topends, valves and cranks.... everything else you mentioned is readily available in Europe because thats where its made....

* On a side note...... Nevermind, I was gonna fill this up with my usual sexist filth and a get what you can qoute...

True but still its cheaper in USA...I go yearly to USA and this must last a year.... Valves is a good one.... if your replacing valves u do need new valve springs usually don't you ?....#

Sounds like you got a good start. Hope you have a good time here in America.

Not sure if it would be cost effective but why not just order all of this online from any number of dirtbike sites? You can't just bring that stuff on a plane as carry on. Airline is gonna charge you for the extra baggage. Probably about same as shipping from motosport or rmatv.

Kinda wrong, All this stuff you can bring on a plane, yeah in a suit case ofc but heh I have to pay for a extra suitcase = 100$ or so... Just calculate that out quick.... I don't think you know first of all the shipping costs are outrages to Germany.... but besides that we have to pay Customs... so On a 300$ crank I would pay at least for Customs + German Sales tax around 75$...and keep in mind that's just a crank, do that with all the things I want and that extra suitcase is way worth the extra money. :)

True but still its cheaper in USA...I go yearly to USA and this must last a year.... Valves is a good one.... if your replacing valves u do need new valve springs usually don't you ?....#

Kinda wrong, All this stuff you can bring on a plane, yeah in a suit case ofc but heh I have to pay for a extra suitcase = 100$ or so... Just calculate that out quick.... I don't think you know first of all the shipping costs are outrages to Germany.... but besides that we have to pay Customs... so On a 300$ crank I would pay at least for Customs + German Sales tax around 75$...and keep in mind that's just a crank, do that with all the things I want and that extra suitcase is way worth the extra money. :)

:shocked: Remind me never, and I mean NEVER move out of the great ole US OF A!!!

Title says it.... Coming to the USA for Christmas and I was wondering if you all could say a few things I could possibly need...I know the most things just not that I forget anything and if OEM or After market!
My list atm:

Renthal Handlebar x1
Brake levers x2 = Break away ?
Clutch x2 = anyone know a good brand ?...Only used some cheap brand and was thinking about breakaways
Gas Filter = OEM
Suspension (Complete except springs) OEM or Honda
Sprocket, Chain etc = Usually go renthal r1 5100 (i think) anyone know better but in my price range :D?
Break pads x2 back x1 front.
Break disc back.

Maybe:
Bike has 60h on it.... (crf 250r) and was either thinking on Piston + Crank or a set of spare rims....I get flats so often lately... -_-...and would prefer to have 1 rear tire for non-racing :D.

My budget will be around 900$

Ty for the help....if you guys want to help ^^
Get a good shotgun! :)

Yep...Guess Im going to go for a Crank...would you guys say OEM....Dont think Honda Cranks are all that bad this year...I Made it to 60 hours (hope it makes it to 120)...and I got a shotgun :D (ofc in usa at my dads house).....Yeah jackson....Somtimes I wish i never moved away.....but I got a thing which is alot nicer....Health insurance no matter what ^^....Oh wait you guys are getting that also.... ./Thinks about moving back :D

James

Staff member
He'd also benefit from the exchange rate, as of today 1 euro is the same as $1.2762.

Yep...Guess Im going to go for a Crank...would you guys say OEM....Dont think Honda Cranks are all that bad this year...I Made it to 60 hours (hope it makes it to 120)...and I got a shotgun :D (ofc in usa at my dads house).....Yeah jackson....Somtimes I wish i never moved away.....but I got a thing which is alot nicer....Health insurance no matter what ^^....Oh wait you guys are getting that also.... ./Thinks about moving back :D

I had a friend from Germany who ended up moving back so his mother could get medical treatment :thumb:

When i hear 250F i think valves ...

You would be amazed at one thing....My bike as I said has 60 hours on it (a new piston at 50) and what is really cool is that the valves are still in spec after those 60 hours...still kicks on in 2 kicks also....(yes i checked them multible times also). Im going to ride one more ride and then check her for the winter. But still I think honda has stepped up abit on the quality of there stuff...on my 05 it was every 10 hours until i got steel valves.