what handlebar grips are the best?

pillow tops were too fat for me, i like full diamonds but they seem to be a little small. I might try the pillowtop lite next but i'll probably end up sticking with a full diamond

I'm a fan of pillow tops as well, for a different flavor I put some scotts on in the late fall. Not bad, will probably go back to the PT's again. I use glue and wire just to be safe.

Pillow top and spray paint! If it starts to spin pull the grip off and reapply paint! I have ODI on both of my jet skis I ride with no gloves never had a problem.

I have yet to find grips that I really like. I deal with the pillow tops because they seem to be so so as far as comfort. I see that ouri is still around so I'm going get a set of those to play with.
I wish I could get Honda OEM grips and levers from the mid 80's or the OEM grips from Zook circa 83-92 those were great.

Edit: just ordered 2 sets of Ouri grips. :ride:

Last edited:
You must have hands like Floyd. He sands paint off with his. (That might explain the strange stream of women he had between marriages.) I finally figured out that I needed two bikes for different kinds of weather. The grips I like for riding in slime are different than the kinds I like for riding in dry. Trimmed down waffles that are on the harder side work better for the silty slime I get on some rides. But man, swapping them out all the time and trimming them again since you ruin them getting them off is a bitch. Small to medium 4 strokes like an xr work well in that kind of environment.

Pillow top and spray paint! If it starts to spin pull the grip off and reapply paint! I have ODI on both of my jet skis I ride with no gloves never had a problem.
I have never had any issues with the spray paint other than with a set of Renthals, which say right on the back only mount with Renthal grip glue, but I'm ok with that because the pillow tops are my favorite.

i havent had any problem with any of the mounting and sticking well with the same glue you use on pvc pipe. spend what you like though. hell, guys used to use hair spray. some of that stuff could be used to build up shaft ends back in the big hair days.

Yeah, well i would just replace the bike too, if I could just get a supply of them that had grips that I liked. I think AJS was the last one, sigh.