What do you think?

Huh... That's awesome, the guy im doing this for said he found one worth $800, I just never really thought to check. That's badass... Now if he decides to sell(which I seriously doubt he will) he can still make about $800. Cool im going to have to give him a call.

Well here it is, the 1980 Suzuki GS450L. After looking it over all it needs is a little love and it will run just fine. Lynn bought it, and he is excited to have it.

You may also notice that there is no XR350 in my garage, thats because the guy came and picked it up literally right as we got this thing unloaded... perfect timing :banana:. Ill be sure to post a few vids of it running.

temporary-25.jpg
temporary-24.jpg

yeah this one is really cool. I went through all the wiring trying to figure out why the started wasnt doing its thing. and it looks like some one chopped one of the ignition wires in their haste to cut the blinker wires. But i know a thing or two about rewireing so i should be able to get it back together.

alright its running, but it's having a few problems. It starts and idles just fine, but when you hit the throttle it dies out. I think I might know what's wrong, when we put the parts in the chemical dip the diaphragm on the slides expanded and won't seat properly, so there isn't a good enough vaccum to lift them. Im going to figure it out tomorrow if im not busy, and see what's up. But I would like a second opinion on this, if you got an idea I am willing to try it. So let me know

Thanks.

Thanks for the help bobkyle, if you are reading this if not, well then you dont exist and you are just a figment of my imagination sent here to make me think i needed help, but then I realized you weren't real and that it was all me AH-HA!!! I am a geenie-ass :smirk:. Anyway, thanks... the diagrhams were not getting a good seal so there was no vacuum for the slide to come up, so i sealed them off with some engine glue and that solved it. Now the bike idles runs and hits throttle :prof: (first time using that smiley). its windy and cold and not my bike... but i think im going to take it for a spin see how she handles :ride: (and that one), than later we will get some vids up here. :thumb:

Got it, it runs awesome and is very powerful. I got video of it running and Lynn is going to ride it tomorrow with the GoPro. So soon I will have a video on here. Thanks for all the help.

its so comfortable, we took it for a ride yesterday, and its very powerful. The acceleration was a little choppy at first but with a quick tune up it purred like a kitten....

Some tassles might look good on the end of those bars:P J/K. That's great! Comfy AND powerful!:thumb:

GS450L Maiden Voyage

Here she is the GS450L on its madain vayage, we were riding to work this morning and we stuck the GoPro right to the gas tank.

Enjoy, and thanks for the help in getting it running.