What did you do to your bike today?

Well this is what I found to be the problem with his bike. This is why I always try and buy Genuine parts. Especially, major parts like the crank. This is a Hot Rods crank. I was told this is caused when having to much compression. Does anyone else know if that could be caused by to much compression?

Is it a hotrod crank or the wiseco/hotrod combo?
I think hotrod got a bunch of bad parts from china so it might be under warranty. Contact hotrod because they do have an excellent warranty program. If it's a wiseco they'll replace it as well.

I have seen shave cranks bust like that before and it's usually do to abuse like the rider constantly stabbing the brakes in mid air slamming the engine to a halt. CRs in the 99-2002 range did it out of the crate I believe.

I think hotrod got a bunch of bad parts from china so it might be under warranty. Contact hotrod because they do have an excellent warranty program. If it's a wiseco they'll replace it as well.

I have seen shave cranks bust like that before and it's usually do to abuse like the rider constantly stabbing the brakes in mid air slamming the engine to a halt. CRs in the 99-2002 range did it out of the crate I believe.
Hey I will have my friend do that. It is a Hot Rods crank and rod. I still have the box. I will have him contact them to see if it would be warranted. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. :thumb:

Can I ask? Would you purchase another crank from Hot Rods after it did that? Or would it be best to purchase OEM?

Can I ask? Would you purchase another crank from Hot Rods after it did that? Or would it be best to purchase OEM?

I'm a huge oem parts guy but unfortunately they are almost always out of their minds when it comes to replacement parts prices. All of my bikes have hotrod or wiseco cranks in them and they make a great product. Yes, I would use them again.

Cleaned the carb and adjusted the float on the girls KX 125, after it was drowned in silt water, also adjusted the pre load on the rear spring.gonna run it at the track , before we go outa town just to make sure she's good to go before we take her outa town this weekend for the summer solstice ride.

Right now at 9:40pm. I am doing some pre-race PM. on my bike. I asked my friend if he would like to race my AF bike at a race this weekend. Seeing how I have his bike tore down. I asked him to come over so we can set the sag and controls to what he likes. He came right over. I am getting ready to change the rear tire to my old Bridgestone M204. I did the best I could do to sharpen the edges on the center knobs. I asked him to do the practice tomorrow. So he can adjust to the bike. He rode it around my yard and in the field, with a worn, rounded off knobby tires. Then came off and said "hell yah I'll race this Sunday". If I can I will try and get some pictures and video.