What bike should I buy?

I've been looking into some bikes lately, just about anything 250 and up.

YZ250
WR250
XR250
XR400
YZ400
WR400
KX250
RM250
CR250

I do quite a bit of trail riding, I might start doing MX here and there with James, since he lives close and i would really like to get another bike before next season.

So lets here your suggestions! GO!

Edit: 5'8" 150 pounds all geared up Last bike was an RM250 More trail experience by a long shot price range for bike, I would want it to be under 2 grand for the bike

First we need to know some things.
1. height/weight
2. riding experience (past bikes)
3. more track or trail? more track i'm guessing.
4. price range (somewhat important.)
:blah::blah::blah:

I think you have some great choices here Coach. If you could narrow it down to 3 what would those be?

BTW - A Honda XR250 or XR400 would be a fantastic bike for you on trails :thumb:

First we need to know some things.
1. height/weight
2. riding experience (past bikes)
3. more track or trail? more track i'm guessing.
4. price range (somewhat important.)
:blah::blah::blah:

True, but I think he is just window shopping at the moment trying to find what bike will fit his style. :thumb:

i'd go for a new WR250 way before an old WR400... i had a 99 and that thing was a beast! but if your talking both old the 400 is a great bike

i'd go for a new WR250 way before an old WR400... i had a 99 and that thing was a beast! but if your talking both old the 400 is a great bike

Maybe, but if you are young and $$ is an issue an older XR would be an ideal bike.

He's near me, and i notice that older WR250, 400, and 450's are fairly cheap, if you are looking for possibly a dual sport? Could be capable on the track too, but not ideal. It's not on your list, but a KTM 250/300 would be great on the track or trail.

I've never heard much about them, but i guess they wouldn't be too bad. If you are going near the 450s, why not spend a bit more more the extra 24CCs? JMO.

I've never heard much about them, but i guess they wouldn't be too bad. If you are going near the 450s, why not spend a bit more more the extra 24CCs? JMO.

More weight comes with those larger bikes. If you are mainly a trail rider I would stick with the smaller bore.